• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Either way it appears they’ve edited the pre-show video from the one the ride shut with, removing the lift graphic.

Could just be that they have shortened versions etc knocking around which they’re using to test it to be fair.

Would make a lot of sense to open it next week for the Easter holidays.

Alton Manor is obviously still very new and attracting new guests so they will still want the focus on that and rightly so. However the queues over Easter will be pretty dire with Nemmy being rebuilt and going off what we've seen so far this year with operations then capacity is definitely needed.

Opening NST for the first time in years during the off peak weeks between Easter and May holidays doesn't really make much sense either.

You'd think they would have announced it by now though if it was going to be opening in the next few days in time for Easter so who knows.

I’m visiting the park on Sunday 16th April, i’m doubting that Sun Terra will be open by then, i’m expecting an opening date in may. Any thoughts or rumours about when it could be re-opening?

I’m visiting the park on Sunday 16th April, i’m doubting that Sun Terra will be open by then, i’m expecting an opening date in may. Any thoughts or rumours about when it could be re-opening?
No one knows, it's just a case of "when" and not "if", now.

No one knows, it's just a case of "when" and not "if", now.
Na, I'm still enjoying saying "If", just for the hell of it.
Just decorative, it was just insurance in case the Curse didn't open on time, now they are just winding up the thoosies.
I was the one singing "It's gonna be a woodie!" about Icon until a few days before actual opening.

The fact they haven't got it open in time for the Easter holidays makes me think it might be back end of May now before we see it reopen.

Would certainly be strange to open it up in the quieter weeks between Easter and Witsun that's for sure. Wouldn't really get the buzz around it if they choose to do that.

Witsun half term, then it's school trip season and then summer holidays. They will surely want it open for this period you'd imagine.

I think end of may makes sense too, but they could do it on any Saturday between now and then and would likely get lots of enthusiasts going if advertised prior

Would certainly be strange to open it up in the quieter weeks between Easter and Witsun that's for sure. Wouldn't really get the buzz around it if they choose to do that.
It might be the wiser decision if they're unsure how reliable it's going to be.

FV is certainly going to be interesting come the summer months with Galactica being the only major draw.

I wonder how far this is off from opening now. We’ve seen all the aesthetic touch ups and replacements, heard work happening in the building, seen engineers entering onto multiple occasions and seen the pre show testing. We surely can’t be far away now! I know May is rumoured, but we must be getting pretty close now!

It was one of the greatest dark rides ever produced, receiving a 12A certification from the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) due to the intense psychological effects within.
The only "intense psychological effects" of that ride would have been on the staff in the Phalanx uniforms living out Zimbardo's Prison Experiment...

I never tried it but I get the impression to not go in with massive expectations and that's not really a problem for me, think black mirror labyrinth, fairly okay filler attraction and not something I'd do often but its a break from the big coasters and not something to go into expecting fireworks.
If you want a dark ride with class there's always the curse at Alton manor and Hex.

And if I go in and ride subterra and think hey that was actually pretty good it's just a bonus then.

Last edited: