• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Good point, put the men in overalls back in there, but with real jobs to do!
I think the wd40 might just be a wind up for the geeks...another secret message for the thoosies.

God almighty, with all the NST rumours and how everyone in this thread has gone mad over a damn WD40 bottle, Towers better say something about it soon for I'm losing the will to live over the will it, will it not rumours. o_O

God almighty, with all the NST rumours and how everyone in this thread has gone mad over a damn WD40 bottle, Towers better say something about it soon for I'm losing the will to live over the will it, will it not rumours. o_O

The Towers speak now? I knew the place was magical but didn't realise they spoke lol

If it is anything the most likely scenario is Scarefest surely? They are working on Darkest Depths across the other side of the park, the two mazes in The Towers are still set up, and something in NST would be the 4th maze.

The Towers speak now? I knew the place was magical but didn't realise they spoke lol
Well they are haunted and the surrounding lands have had strange creatures and spirits dug up from the depths such as Nemesis and Thirteen so honestly, the Towers speaking would not be far fetched! :p

Guess the magic of Alton Towers still does exists, we all just looked in the wrong place...many places actually, well off the mark...hmm.

One more bullet in the gun, but on a recent visit, they had installed a new E-Stop on one of the containers that looked like it might have been an exit (I never saw it operate, so I don't know all the guest flow) a new CCTV camera, and the Piece de la resistance new fencing in the queue line of the same style as used on P42, with new phalanx posters on the aforementioned fences. Let the debate begin....

One more bullet in the gun, but on a recent visit, they had installed a new E-Stop on one of the containers that looked like it might have been an exit (I never saw it operate, so I don't know all the guest flow) a new CCTV camera, and the Piece de la resistance new fencing in the queue line of the same style as used on P42, with new phalanx posters on the aforementioned fences. Let the debate begin....
I think it's more likely to be for Scarefest, although I would prefer a permanent, year-round attraction that can cover for Nemesis when she's closed next season. Unless the new maze was put there and opened next season too. Wouldn't want it being an upcharge though of course, because Nemmy isn't.

The e stop is from when it was used as P42, same with those metal fences and also the posters are all from its P42 days

What did the e-stop control?
It would have stopped the maze, all scare mazes have them dotted around, if there’s a problem, actor gets hurt, guest gets injured, etc then the actor or host will stop the maze, music will all cut and the house lights will turn on.
when it was P42 there was scaffolding over that section so the button wouldn’t have been so obvious.

More emergency than stop then.
Well as @djtruefitt said it cuts the music, sound effects and turns the house lights on. So it is a proper emergency stop button.

I think P42 had prerecorded emergency announcements too, as I remember seeing a video and hearing one instructing guests to leave the maze.