• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis

Nemesis is well known for going faster in the rain. I think someone once recorded it at 5mph faster. Oddly though while I've heard of this happening on other rides it's not as noticeable. I think it's because Nemesis slowly gets deeper into the valley while other rides have a big drop followed by a hill so it doesn't have the same effect. That is just a theory though.

Mist,fog,dew,rain,hail and any other weather make Nemesis a different beast everytime I ride. ERT feels different to end-of-day rides

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Last ride during scarefest or fireworks after 12 hours of operation and a little rain and she absolutely fly's

Even at 9am on a cold September morning she runs better than most rides after a whole day of operation...

Nemmie <3

Last day of the season, last ride of the day, bit of rain, a little chilly, front right or rear right seat. Nothing else comes close.

But even first thing in the morning on a cold opening day and it'll still give a better ride than most.

I adord nemesis anyway but its amazing, at night during Halloween best ride on park

Third row, far left seat, half 8 at night after the Fireworks in November last year. That was, at the time, the best ride I've had on Nemesis. Coming off the loop, I just got this amazing sensation that I can't really describe. This was completely blown away back in May by doing Nemesis on the front row during ERT, and my first coaster in 2012. Amazing. Simply wonderful. And it wasn't even running at its best at that time! :p

My best ride on Nemesis was the 2nd June this year. It was a miserable day, poring with rain all day, they were even playing a message which said that Nemesis is still running although they recommended that you come back later. But it was 5.25 and we'd just got off Sub-Terra, so we ran to Nemesis to get on before it closed and I must say there is a big difference to when it's late in the day and wet. It flew around the track! :p

Diogo took my Nemmy back row virginity back in may, it was near as damn it the last ride of the day...the forces as I was being pulled around where incredible...he looked at me and said "well?" my response: "holy son a funk, my minds been blown", all the while with a face that felt as if it was being ripped from my skull! That right there is a memory that will never leave me, and is why to me, Alton towers is a magical place!

Supposedly, when all rides shut for the fireworks display in 1999, a thin layer of ice built up on the track, leading to it's fastest ever runs when they reopened after the show. (I didn't know that at the time of course.) I'm proud to say I was there :D

Back row edge seats are superior.

I even got Danny to agree by dragging him on the back row in ERT.

Poison Tom 96 said:

I even got Danny to agree by dragging him on the back row in ERT.

The joy of loosing my Nemesis back row virginity. A moment I will never forget.

Poison Tom 96 said:

It has to be the back right seat, if your on the back row. Front right is the overall best though.

It is quite one-sided to be honest, on the right, it's better, as your on the bottom of most of the bends- the best examples being the helix and the stall turn (great feet-choppers)- the zero-g gets a foot-chopper and the second corkscrew is nearer the bus.

The front is key, as the view going down the first drop is incredible.

Back is best for thrills, if you have your eyes closed xD If you can see, go for front row, not many people know its there, YAY, and the views of nearby rocks are just amazing!

Anyone know what's happened to the red dye in the water? Every time I go to see if it has returned but it has been clear since the beginning of this season and I think part of last season it was clear as well.

:(

BigAl said:
Anyone know what's happened to the red dye in the water? Every time I go to see if it has returned but it has been clear since the beginning of this season and I think part of last season it was clear as well.

:(

If the level of the pond at the bottom gets high they have to release some of the water into the surrounding areas water table so the pit doesn't flood.

However, if they drain this water out with the dye in they a liable to receive quite a hefty fine from either the local council or the environment agency, I can't remember which. Therefore, I think more often than not this season, they've aired on the side of caution and just left it out so far.

It's a shame really, it does look good when it's in :/

mark9 said:
Olly said:
Mmmmm Nemmy... It will be sad to see her go, I think I'll go down with her.

The day the park announces death to Nemesis is the day 1000's of Uk enthusiasts jump off a cliff like Lemmings.

PMSL!!!

There shall be a national day of mourning, and I will personally campaign for an official bank holiday in recognition.

She is a beauty. An absolute beauty of a ride. The old girls not as smooth as she was, her facade not as pretty, she's bit wrinkly and weather worn. Who the hell wouldn't after providing millions of rides? ;D

I love the old tart. To me, she is as evocative as the day I first laid eyes on her.

Does anyone else think, similar to Chessington, that Merlin might provide the cash at some point to pull down the monster and rebuild it? Surely AT can't keep on patching up the themeing - at some point it will become structurally dubious like the Dragons Falls rock work.

The whole thing needs a good clean and an entire repaint / revamp, otherwise it does seem that the above could be the inevitable. Just a thought :/ :).

Lucky me last Sunday... Back left seat, back right seat and front right seat ;D my favourite coaster bar none, I get a tingle waiting for the first ride of every visit... Then I just run the single rider queue until I can't stand up!