• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis

I don't mind the lack of dye; I find the waterfalls are very dramatic even without it, and when there's dye in the water I always think it looks too pink to be convincing. I know Nemmy's meant to be an alien, and therefore doesn't have to have red blood, but it'd be much more believable if that water was a deeper red.

Nemmy was having an off day last time I rode it. It's a coaster I prefer to ride with my head back against the seat (not something I can say about a lot of newer rides!), and usually it's plenty smooth enough for that. On that visit though there was a lot of vibration backwards and forwards coming through the seat, suddenly making it a head-forward ride. I know it has days like that occasionally and still wouldn't dream of proclaiming it to be rough, but I really hope it's back to normal next time.

Klingon blood is pink.
I'm pretty sure they never used th have the issue of being fined. Surely they could just use a non toxic dye?

They also received a few complaints from guests wearing white jeans/chinos etc...from it splashing into the queueline....

Best thing about old Nemmy. Its not the ride itself thats too obvious.
Its not the way it looks. Thats too obvious.
Surely its because its the first coaster that set of the SW line. Nah thats to boring.

For me its this.............. When you park at the hotel and walk up towards the monorail, in distance you can here a rumble. Its that rumble that makes it for me. You know that whatever is making that noise is going to be amazing in every way, shape and form.

Anyone remember when the mist effect from the crashed bus stopped working / being used (or whatever the reason is behind it no longer being on)?

Smoke machine on the bus stopped working midway last year - hopefully it'll come back soon, as it's been sent away for repairs.

RustyRider said:
They also received a few complaints from guests wearing white jeans/chinos etc...from it splashing into the queueline....

Who wears Chino's????? Lol

Me, but certainly not white ones. I leave that to David Coulthard.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

The red dye used is just industrial food colouring, and so is non-toxic and doesn't stain.

Not sure why Towers have a problem if they need to drain the pit slightly - the dye can easily be destroyed with chlorine, the levels of which can then be lowered prior to pumping out some of the water.

Must be some other reason why they have problems, though.

Nah they've got the dye in stores, they just need permission to use it.

Permission linked to the flooding last year. Shame really.

First thing I thought when I walked to the bus stop today in the sun and the warmth was how much I wanted to be in Nemmy's rear right seat.......

About sodding time:

942222_559019234129259_1707732190_n.jpg

Credit to Alton Towers Guide