• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis94's TheSmiler13

Not quite as long for an update as I'd thought... I've had a couple of free days this week and have been working on the station interior. Contrary to my original intentions, I have put the interior queue lines, exit paths and shop into the recreation. Though these are only schematic and the shop is just a bare room.

Anyway, here are a few images of the station:

The projection mapping room. Unfortunately, none of the projectors are working ... yet:
9361668278_0501c84ff8_c.jpg

Station overview:
9361669220_48c2cb8e5c_c.jpg

Rainbow stairs!:
9358889971_e864b19ef9_c.jpg

Overview from the exit stairs, hopefully nobody will begrudge the little addition to the far wall:
9361668806_000d9f8e30_c.jpg

And an updated POV to keep you going... I think it's looking pretty good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64QZ2NQfb20#

The new additions definitely add more realism to the project, although I'm not sure how much more realistic it can get. If your after any advice it is hard to find any faults with this piece of perfection. Just a minor thing I noticed is that the roll for the first inverted drop could be started and finished a little earlier but that is my only suggestion. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see, and possibly play with this recreation.

The only fault I can find is that I'm pretty sure the underground track is actually tri-rail, and in the recreation it looks like bi-rail. Utterly perfect in every other aspect though :)

not accurate enough... its too smooth ;)

This is amazing! my only little thing is the supports. some of them look abit amateurish in comparison to the rest of the ride :/

On behalf of Nemesis94, I am proud to present a teaser video showing the very first import of the track and support (both of which are being modified to be even more accurate) of The Smiler. Also shown is a very basic mock up of the Marmaliser screen that I have animated to include visuals from the real life Marmaliser. Please bear in mind that this is a very basic import and will improve significantly once Nemesis94 imports the 3D models. Make sure you go and subscribe to www.youtube.com/user/Nemesis94DJW and show your support for his fantastic work. Or thank him on the forums here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdrGS7HJ-KY#ws

Time to get corrected. :twirly:

I'm sorry for the double post however I just couldn't wait to show you this new update. Again, a huge shout out and congratulations to Nemesis94 for his absolutely astonishing work creating all the 3D models, track work and support work in this recreation.

With consent from Nemesis94, I have been scripting and animating his final, superb, model of the Marmaliser with NoLimits 2's new scripting feature. There are a few problems with the Inoculator and Flasher triggers however for the most part this model is now complete.

Once again, go and show your support for Nemesis94 and remember, SMILE. ALWAYS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aavH29BMLaI#ws

The level of detail in this is genuinely ridiculous. How you've managed to animate the entire Marmaliser + screen alone is mindblowing.

Im sure the NoLimits team would love to see that video. Send them a tweet and they will probably retweet it :)

It seems the NoLimits team have spotted this recreation all on their own BigDave which was a real treat. I'm just glad that Nemesis94's hard work is paying off, especially with the NoLimits team spotting it. Speaking of which, Nemesis94 has been at it again and has modeled some Smiler train fronts meaning I have been able to script them and attach them onto the B&M Floorless trains to add that extra bit of realism for him to his already outstanding recreation. Photos are below. Enjoy!

Poster1_zps62fec47d.jpg

Poster2_zpsd4c8948a.jpg

Poster3_zps540728cd.jpg

Sorry for the double post however, fresh off the press from Nemesis94! Having recently bought a new computer, he has been able to import the first version of The Smiler into NoLimits 2 and he has kindly sent me some screenshots to share with you. Please remember that this is still not the final version and there is a lot of tweaking and 3D work left to go. Also, after Nemesis94 has finished his stunning 3D work and I receive the final files, I have to implement the many, many scripts required to make the ride as close to it's real life counterpart as possible. However, for now, enjoy these new screenshots of Nemesis94's latest stunning work. :)

SMILE. ALWAYS.

Smiler1_zps37edc992.png

Smiler2_zps686c5356.png

Smiler3_zps7614a8d4.png

Mind. Blown. This is a brilliant recreation, great work and well done. :D Can't wait for the next POV!

Surprise! :p

After a long period of nothingness, I am proud to present the final teaser video for this recreation. The final, main project video will be published to Nemesis94DJW's YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/user/Nemesis94DJW so make sure you're subscribed. Anywho, I recently received the most up to date files of both the track and 3D objects from Nemesis94 and as you will see, they are magnificent and contain even the smallest details. Once I received these files I was able to add my scripted features which include triggered sound effects, area music, video animations and much, much more.

However, Nemesis94 still insists in adding more detail and touching up a few areas of the model, as well as completely redoing the supports for the ride, therefore the project is still not yet complete. We don't know how long this may take as he has other enterprise commitments however I am sure it will be amazing as with the rest of his work.

Also, thanks for all the support you give. It is amazing and really appreciated. :)

Hopefully we'll update you again soon. Smile. Always.

JAMMYD778

Wow! This is just crazily good and undoubtedly the best recreation I have ever seen.

Everything is just so meticulously implemented with care and detail.

Well done @JAMMYD778 and Nemesis94, I look forward to every update and hopefully a final release! :)

The detail in this is ridiculous. I'd go so far as to say it looks better in the simulation than in reality, in no small part due to the fact that there's no dirt marks on the walls or huge pools of algae in the pit ;)

Well looky here, the project is not dead! After a long and stressful exam season, Dan starting his own company and me having a period of lack of motivation, we have finally decided to finish off this recreation. I'm still not 100% on the track however I have been working on it for 5 months solid and I think I am being too over critical on myself. If I carry on I'd never say enough is enough and I could be working on it for another 5 months so the version now is final.

Also to note is that some details of the area, X-Sector, and The Smiler Shop, will be missing, purely because Nemesis94 and myself do not have the time to model every single detail and if I forced myself to do so, this would again go on forever so please forgive me for that. If this model is included in the AT Mega Project (not decided yet), then addtional details may be added then however as of now I'd say 90-95% of the detail is there with just small omissions, and that's where it will be left or this would never be released and personally, Nemesis94 and I don't want to keep people waiting anymore as it's been 2.5 years in the making. We both need to move on with our own projects and so are doing our best for this release. We hope you understand this and would like to thank everyone for their support. I have the supports to redo still however all scripts and scenery elements are now in place so we are nearing completion.

So again, thanks to everyone and prepare to Smile. Soon. :D

Nemesis94 & JAMMYD778

SmilerTeaser_zpsbdeb2198.png

Hey everyone, just a quick update. Nemesis94 and myself have agreed to release this on 3rd March 2015, whether or not the final video is finished or not. We have to put an end to the project at some point so there ya go. Here's a quick teaser to wet your whistle. :p

Also please if you wouldn't mind, go and subscribe to Nemesis94DJW on YouTube as that's where the final video will be uploaded, including dem all important download links. :) He's done a cracking job on this recreation.