• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nerdiest facts

Still with the pumps, here is a schematic side drawing of the layout of how Rapids ride pumps sit in their surround concrete structure and discharge tube. Alton, Thorpes and Draytons rapid rides are pretty much laid out exactly as this picture.

Obviously I had to pull these drawings up for when I build my living room rum pumping machine (LRRPM). It is going to be the best thing those Dragons on TV have ever seen!

Did you all know that Blackpool has the highest concentration of roller coasters in Europe?

It also consumes more chips per capita than anywhere else in the world, but I thought you'd all be interested in that little theme park related fact!

Did you all know that Blackpool has the highest concentration of roller coasters in Europe?
[Citation needed]
There are 10 coasters still standing at BPB, plus 1 on the South Pier. If you count Steeplechase as three seperate tracks rather than one, that totals 13 coasters, which ties with Europa Park.

BPB is much smaller than EP though. They've been trying to push the "most ride intensive park" tag line for the past couple of years, the latest in a long line of dubious/outright false claims by the park.

BPB is much smaller than EP though. They've been trying to push the "most ride intensive park" tag line for the past couple of years, the latest in a long line of dubious/outright false claims by the park.
So it would fit in Merlin's portfolio nicely then...

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

As others have mentioned, I think it's more likely referring to the amount of roller coasters in a given area than the amount of coasters in the park.

Also, I got those two facts from an extract of a Rob Brydon book named Notes From A Small Island that we had to analyse in English; I'm unsure of when it was published, so the facts may now be out of date.

It did also say that Blackpool Pleasure Beach was Europe's 2nd most visited tourist attraction behind the Vatican with 6.5 million visitors per year, which I think might be outdated.

I still find that hard to believe tbh, even back then.

What about Notre Dame? Or the big London tourist attractions? And then there's Euro Disney too.

I believe BPBs guest numbers used to be based on a highly approximate method of measuring entries and exits, rather than the number of actual customers. If you took a short cut through the park you were counted.

Even now there are only 7 coastes in both DLP parks. in 1995, there was one park with 3 coasters (Space Mountain opened that summer, bumping it up to 4).

In the mid 90's, the only place you would find coasters in Greater London would be Chessington (4) and Flying Fish all on it's own at Thorpe.

EDIT: Or are we talking about visitor numbers? If so, I'll get my coat.

Sorry just to clarify I was referring to this point, not the number of coasters ...

"It did also say that Blackpool Pleasure Beach was Europe's 2nd most visited tourist attraction behind the Vatican with 6.5 million visitors per year, which I think might be outdated."