• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New bench

Remember, the colour of the bench will not affect how comfortable it is. The bench will still be the bench.

at the bench second anniversary event John Wardley suggested several planned features weren't included in the final design. does anyone know what these would have been?

at the bench second anniversary event John Wardley suggested several planned features weren't included in the final design. does anyone know what these would have been?
Don't know, but I saw him on the bench with a notebook full of ideas on how to modify the bench so these may be used when it reopens!

Believe the bench was initially supposed to be cushioned.

Others say that it was supposed to be within a shelter.

the_dudley_wrought_iron_garden_bench_5_.jpgI was just in Nick Varney's satellite (he works for NASA now) and I zoomed into B&M's yard through the camera, looks like the bench is now gonna be black.

Please keep the conversation civil as I know many people take bench colours very seriously.
That’s just the undercoat. John Wardley wouldn’t allow anyone to change the colour of the original Bench…

In the grand scheme of things, who really cares what colour the bench is.

If you're genuinely that bothered about it, I think you need to get a life.

Opinions about the bench, on a forum that's supposed to be enthusiastic about benches, where people have 28 year memories of bench experiences, in a thread about the bench should be cracked down on and not be tolerated in my opinion.

In the grand scheme of things, who really cares what colour the bench is.

If you're genuinely that bothered about it, I think you need to get a life.

Opinions about the bench, on a forum that's supposed to be enthusiastic about benches, where people have 28 year memories of bench experiences, in a thread about the bench should be cracked down on and not be tolerated in my opinion.

I don't even like benches anymore.

New colour scheme is embarrassing. Classic Merlin.

FctC8pkXkAIQX6H.jpg

Which one of you is this then?

I don't think that the bench should incorporate any screens because its ride system is not adapted for them. If it was a swinging bench, then screens could be used effectively.