• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New coaster concepts that you think would be cool

How about a train that splits in two - akin to Thirteen whereby you enter a dark section in rows of two, detach as a single rail, then through a bit of wizardry end up coming towards each other in a near miss - a bit like Stampida at Portaventura, then reattach before getting back to the station. Little bit of deception & trickery

How about a train that splits in two - akin to Thirteen whereby you enter a dark section in rows of two, detach as a single rail, then through a bit of wizardry end up coming towards each other in a near miss - a bit like Stampida at Portaventura, then reattach before getting back to the station. Little bit of deception & trickery

This is a cool idea. Universal reportedly nearly attempted it when designing Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls at Islands of Adventure. A 'buzzsaw' was going to split the log in two and send it down two individual final drops. The twin drop idea made it to the final version, but the riders all stuck together.

RCT3 had a coaster similar to what you describe, called the 'Splitting Coaster".

RCT3 had a coaster similar to what you describe, called the 'Splitting Coaster".

they were so hard to build as well. A manufacturer must have had this in there catalogue somewhere for it to appear in RCT3

For me the only think I think would be cool is a coaster whereby you choose the path it takes. Like your flying a plane or something. Multiple routes to get to the station, and you choose at each point whether you go left or right / up or down. Would be costly mind.

Years ago I used to wonder about the concept of a coaster being able to 'jump' over gaps in the track seamlessly as often depicted in cartoons etc and whether it was possible. Turns out I didn't have to wait all that long as the Donkey Kong coaster is meant to do just that. I do think it will be an incredible spectacle off ride to see a coaster appear to jump bits of track. Very much my most anticipated new coaster type.

My idea:

Quite like to see a park tackle the concept of having a racing coaster with a standard sitting car on the top of the track and an inverted track right underneath it. Not sure how plausible this would be with the moving parts of a coaster etc but would be pretty cool if the could pull it off.

Hasn’t something similar already happened?

No time to look it up, but im pretty sure it has been done in the early days of Coney Island or one of the other early american parks. It went as well as you'd expect.