• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New Forum - Good or Bad?

i love the new forum, it is the first time i have ever been into the forum this much as i am now, lets hop this gets big and keeps going for years to come !!! :D

I think I will comment when we have got bum imprints that stay in the sofa when you leave :D

anyway it not about the forum, its about the people that use it

Absolute Monarch: Chris-TT

Henchman #1: Adz
Henchman #2: Vacancy
Henchman #3: Vacancy

Spin Doctor #1: Vacancy
Spin Doctor #2: Vacancy

Can I just say guys it's been great having your support through this all :D I'd also like to say though that while there may be similarities, TowersTimes is not so much our "old forum". A lot of us have come from there yes, but please consider TowersStreet as a wholly separate thing to TowersTimes. Just like if you signed up to one of the many other theme park related sites and forums out there. We are in no way claiming to be a "new TT", or anything of the sort, and I for one wish TT success in their future projects :)

Please of course feel free to discuss other sites and forums, but also bare in mind that there will be people who still feel passionately about these sites. I think it'd be nice if we can all just get along, and happily exist alongside our fellow online sites :)

I never realised the attitude you guys had towards Chris-TT. All for the best I suppose, here's to a new start :D

Yesterday I thought it would be a week or so before our new home would be anything remotely similar to TTF and yet this morning I awoke to a website that hadn't just come on leaps and bounds, but to something that had smashed my expectations of where we would be at after only having had a new site for less than a day. To show my appreciation to all of the team for the work they've put in on TTF and on here, I made this:

TowersStreetTalk.png

It's nothing special but I thought I'd try and thank you all for your hard work and I hope TST will be what we wanted TTF to remain; fun, informative and welcoming.

:)

If you do that in a day, give you a week and magic could be created. This is the next level from your No Limits ones- which are very good.

Thanks you guys! :D

I only used PowerPoint to make it because I haven't yet installed any software on my new PC, so big programmes tend to disagree with my old PC. :p

The new forum is definitely a good thing. at the end of the day the only real change at the moment is the name, as i have said to a few people the community itself is pretty much the same as it was on TTF. Given a little time when more people have joined and the forums have filled out a bit it will be amazing!

I mean seriously look at it after just 24 hours!

I think that with slightly more relaxed rules, it'll affect the forum in a positive way, and lead to more creative discussions and humourous posts/threads.

The future, for now, is looking good.

Well done to the team for bringing this forum to the level it's at in such a short space of time.
A large community and following already too. The site looks nice, there are some familiarities (topics bought across etc.) but it does feel fresh and new.
One minor niggle is that I keep coming across (a few) negative, snide comments towards the other site. Sure people are angry, but the team have moved on and set up this wonderful place for us all. Forget about it and move on. It just gives the threads a slight negative edge when I read some posts.
Other than that, great stuff. :)

BigAl said:
Yesterday I thought it would be a week or so before our new home would be anything remotely similar to TTF and yet this morning I awoke to a website that hadn't just come on leaps and bounds, but to something that had smashed my expectations of where we would be at after only having had a new site for less than a day. To show my appreciation to all of the team for the work they've put in on TTF and on here, I made this:

TowersStreetTalk.png

It's nothing special but I thought I'd try and thank you all for your hard work and I hope TST will be what we wanted TTF to remain; fun, informative and welcoming.

Nothing special?!! BigAl I LOVE IT! Please tell me you'll be entering it into our logo competition?! Fabulous work, thank you! :D

Joel said:
BigAl said:

TowersStreetTalk.png

Nothing special?!! BigAl I LOVE IT! Please tell me you'll be entering it into our logo competition?! Fabulous work, thank you! :D

Thanks! :D Logo competition? Oh, well I guess so! Is there a topic anywhere?

Dylan said:
Well done to the team for bringing this forum to the level it's at in such a short space of time.
A large community and following already too. The site looks nice, there are some familiarities (topics bought across etc.) but it does feel fresh and new.
One minor niggle is that I keep coming across (a few) negative, snide comments towards the other site. Sure people are angry, but the team have moved on and set up this wonderful place for us all. Forget about it and move on. It just gives the threads a slight negative edge when I read some posts.
Other than that, great stuff. :)

Agreed. This forum has been created to move on from TTF. Whilst it had the same team that were involved there, this is something new and fresh.

I guess for a few people after the shock of Monday there is an adjustment factor needed, particularly as so many members here were involved with TTF. However, how can we move forward if we keep looking back? This isn't a new forum of TTF. This is a new venture

Would like to say thanks to be a part of a new forum from the start of something possible great hope to be still posting by towersStreet 10th birthday

Not sure if it's been fixed yet but when I checked earlier in the week you didn't recieve a notification when a new PM arrived. :)

Balhatchet said:
Not sure if it's been fixed yet but when I checked earlier in the week you didn't recieve a notification when a new PM arrived. :)

I've just checked and seems to be working fine when I sent to a test user account? I've just sent you a test message to check :)