• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nigloland: General Discussion

^ Oo Oo, what is that then?

I'm going here in April, and I've had a look at the park map and that doesn't appear to give too much away (other than outdoors rides)

Also, with regards to this tower, is defo free fall? Only ask because I'm yet to see any magnetic brakes on the tower...

^ Oo Oo, what is that then?

I'm going here in April, and I've had a look at the park map and that doesn't appear to give too much away (other than outdoors rides)

It is called Le Manoir Hanté, or in English, The Haunted Mansion! So no guesses as to what it is trying to be. I don't want to give too much away but bare in mind the a ride doesn't have to be good to be memorable! :p

I'm half surprised at the sudden theming, but then again Nigloland does do a very good job at that, with lots of surprising details...

I need to go back to stay in the fab looking hotel tbh...

Dear God, that view is incredible! Really does make you realise how big it is and wonder even more how the HELL they got planning!

I was far too tense watching that! The pause at the top is SO long!! "Ooooohhh pretty clouds".. and then I felt the squirm as it started to drop.

Unbelievable that they've managed to get planning permission for this beast of a ride; it's HUGE. 328ft of pure pant discolouration :p

Just to emphasise how tall it is, let's have a snap from a different angle!!

3e0bb208705f2369cfaef5f6526a41dd.jpg
(Image: Tous fans du parc de Niglo)

WOW! Yes please <3

I love things like this. Nigloland have posted on Facebook a photo of the land the park is on in 1987 and how it looked in 2016:

16265904_10155087301369497_3525515414359697741_n.jpg

16195973_10155087301559497_5193944528399035348_n.jpg

Probably not the most drastic example but I still find it very interesting. Also still in shock that they were allowed to build that massive drop tower!

:)

I've decided to make this a general discussion thread for Nigloland.

The park have posted some awesome drone racer footage to their YouTube channel:

Really quite unusual!

:)

Nigloland have announced that they are building a new waterpark which is set to open in May 2021:

The Gelis family and the of teams are honored to present you the biggest project in the history of the park: Dolantica.
The first swimmers will be able to throw themselves into the slides of the new water park and enjoy this heated bubble at 28°C all year round from May 2021!

I think it's brilliant! The official Rulantica Facebook page responded saying:

We are pleased to bring our experience and expertise to assist our friends at Nigloland in the creation of this amazing new water park!

Now, I have some very exciting Nigloland news to bring to you all! Yesterday, there was a Planet Coaster livestream on CoastersWorld.fr, a French enthusiast group, and one of the challenges they were given was to build a hypothetical 2021 coaster for Nigloland. It gets far more interesting, however, as Nigloland’s general manager then joined the livestream and revealed that they are actually building a new roller coaster for 2021, and then proceeded to show off the footers that were already being put in.

I sourced this info from CoasterForce: https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ew-rollercoaster-for-2021.44227/#post-1086376

So, isn’t this exciting news? I wonder what sort of coaster it could be; I’m guessing it could be something from Mack, as the park has many other Mack coasters. But I’m open to surprises!

Great news for this wonderful park!

They already have the ART/Mack kids coaster this season and a larger coaster would be great for 2021.

Le Pal in central France, have a SuperSplash for 2021. Good year for Mack in France.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

There are now rumours going around that this could be a Mack water coaster, but some have suggested that the support connectors may be similar to those of one of Mack’s more thrilling models.

I’ll be very interested to see what they build! I think something like a BigDipper would work well for them, but as @AstroDan said, Roland and co will be having a fantastic year from the French market in 2021 regardless of which option Nigloland goes for!

A water coaster would make perfect sense. It's a gap in their line up as, at present, the only non-scenic water ride they have is a 1-drop, standard Mack flume.

Update: The coaster will apparently be costing €15million. Given that Alpina Blitz apparently cost €8million, I’d suggest that this could be something quite special!

Sorry for double posting, but some water coaster track has now been seen near a Mack facility that reportedly isn’t too far from Nigloland, adding fuel to the fire of the water coaster rumours:

However, what is most interesting of all from these images is that while this looks quite similar to the current water coaster track at face value, it turns out that this is actually tri-tube track more akin to Mack’s newer thrill coasters, so they’ve clearly overhauled the water coaster design.

Could we be seeing some more special elements here than are typically seen on Mack’s water coasters? That could explain the unexpectedly high price tag in comparison to something like Alpina Blitz (this will be €15m while Alpina was €8m), and it would also explain the altered track design.

The new track design should hopefully lead to a much smoother and less trolley shopping like ride experience, which can only be a good thing! Looking forward to seeing how this develops.