• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oakwood Discussion

Or Tsunami. Apparently the ASPRO Group has secured 9 attractions from a top supplier. I wonder if this is one of them.
http://www.asproparks.com/new-for-the-2016-season/?lang=en

I don't begrudge their marketing team for pushing this. In fact if someone worked in marketing for a theme park that adds a 'new' roller coaster and they didn't make something of it I'd think they were lazy. But it's a shame that after all the excitement around Neverland they've lost the momentum so quickly. I don't necessarily think it's a complete waste of space. On balance it's probably better than a family flat ride. But there was a time when Oakwood seemed like the UK's answer to Holiday World. Now Holiday World is adding B&Ms (or one of them at any rate) and Oakwood is adding a second hand Pinfari.

I don't think Oakwood's completely lost. Whilst the quality of marketing might seem over the top for the quality of what they're doing, the fact they seem to have some pretty decent marketing is undoubtedly an asset. The fact they were able to reintroduce the After Darks and make it work is also a positive. I don't see many other UK parks opening until 10pm in the summer and doing fireworks. But Oakwood really is overdue a top quality new ride.

Oh dear... is this the first time an actual established theme park has added such a low calibre coaster?

This is a very sad installation for the park which really sums up the ambition of the current owners.

It's a real shame they have appeared to have ripped out most of the remaining New Orleans theming, which means Nutty Jake is well and truly dead and buried.

Pleasurewood Hills added Mingo's old mouse if that counts :p
The difference being that PWH repainted it and completely revamped the cars. The coaster is suitable for a smaller park as it's not rough as such, and it can't be as maintenance-heavy as an old Pinfari.

Oakwood were once able to install rides such as Megafobia, Speed and Drenched - this is a shame.

It looks like Oakwood's new ride could be themed around James and the Giant Peach. Have a look on their social media.

The coaster certainly doesn't look like that now, but it'll be interesting to see how it gets re-themed. The area around it looks quite nicely themed to be fair. I thought, and still think, that the coaster looks awful. But if it's in keeping with the Neverlabd ethos of taking old rides and heavily theming them to look new then I don't think it'll be all bad.

Now when you say "themed"...

Given that it's a Pinfari, I wouldn't be surprised if they nicked the giant fiberglass fruit from an old Big Apple, painted it pink, and stuck it over the station. Hell, they could even use the standard Wacky Worm trains and it would fit the so-called "theme"!

Considering they've said it'll open in 2016. They look to have taken lessons from Merlin.

I've heard a (rather bizarre) rumour that there will also be a Charlie and the Chocate Factory attraction opening in the area, making it a Roald Dahl themed land. I'll believe it when I see it. Whether or not they got permission from the Dahl family is also anyone's guess.

They could give this coaster the best theming ever seen in a theme park and it would still be an utter load of crap!

:)

Went to Oakwood a few weeks ago would not have guessed the pinfari would have been a James and the giant peach themed ride. From the half a sign I saw I would've guessed a name with space in the title.

The rides going next to the old wild west area, sadly these days one of the more run down parts of the park with only spooky 3D still open so hopefully it will get some TLC with the "new" not so new ride opening.

Park itself very hit and miss parts of it well maintained, with some nice touches such as the photos of speeds construction in the American diner and parts most notably wild west and drenched queue line needing some TLC (and whatever used to be in the Lake in front of Megafobia could do with being removed).

Even at 20 years old Megafobia is still the stand out ride at Oakwood and based on current investment I suspect it will be for its entire life. It wouldnt be out of place in many of the larger UK parks, heres hoping Merlin can pull off something as good if not better for 2018.

Managed to have a surprisingly fun/chilled day there. We were there on a painfully quiet day with everything walk on all day, yet the attraction rotation still worked surprisingly well and meant we could easily get on everything we wanted to.

Now when you say "themed"...

Given that it's a Pinfari, I wouldn't be surprised if they nicked the giant fiberglass fruit from an old Big Apple, painted it pink, and stuck it over the station. Hell, they could even use the standard Wacky Worm trains and it would fit the so-called "theme"!
Theme Park Worldwide have shown the fibreglass peach on the side of the station in their new Oakwood vlog (at 43min) - you were right!!!