• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oakwood Discussion

One thing with Oakwood is they’ve always made the customer aware if something is unavailable that day, sometimes in advance like this but never to this level of information.

We drove 3 hours two years ago to visit and when we got there they had a sign up advising Bounce & Speed were non operational that day. As the tickets allow you entry any day that year we drove off and went down to Anna’s Zoo instead.

It's great when smaller parks do stuff like that to keep customers happy.
The first time I went to Lightwater, unknown to us we had turned up on a school trip day. The lady at the ticket desk did her best to persuade us to walk away and come back another day. But after we explained we had come all the way up from London and didn't have much choice, she gave us discounted entry!

Two good pieces of news from Oakwood;

1. The park will open a Zamperla Disk-O (named Dizzy Disk) for 2019, which I believe is replacing the Clown Coaster.

2. Bounce has been re-added onto the park's website and park map, with the following text;

"Please be aware that Bounce is currently undergoing a major refurbishment and is closed to all guests.

Works on Bounce are scheduled for completion this summer, however you can follow progress on the completion of works on both our website and social media channels."

https://www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk/at-the-park/thrill-rides/

The park map also shows the ride as "returning in 2019".

Excellent news!

Glad to see some positive momentum surrounding Oakwood; I rather enjoyed my day there in July 2016 and found it to be a somewhat charming little park!

If the Disk'O is brand new (which I'd presume it would be), then that is especially promising news; I believe it would represent the largest brand new ride that Oakwood has installed since Speed in 2006 (correct me if I'm wrong). This is because the major Neverland rides were mostly rethemed or acquired second-hand from a variety of parks (I think it was a mix between Camelot and Pleasureland Southport) and Creepy Crawler was acquired from M&D's.

Could this potentially represent more promising things to come in the near future? Like a brand new roller coaster or other form of major ride, perhaps?

Last edited:
Thinking of finally making the trip to Oakwood this weekend.

Can anyone recommend any nearby accomodation?

How busy does it tend to get?

Megafobia is up and running yes?

In terms of how busy it is I'd be surprised if more than a man and his dog are there outside of school trip season. Speed tends to operate on one car all year but is generally walk on in my experience. Megafobia should be open as usual but I don't know if they've managed to get Bounce back open yet.

In terms of accommodation if you're travelling by car I'd just recommend staying in Swansea. It's a really nice city with plenty of accommodation and about 45mins drive from the park.

Can't help with accommodation recommendations but I happened to be at Oakwood on Tuesday.

During my visit, it was was the quietest I had ever seen a theme park (bar love island lates at Thorpe) with everything walk on apart from the bobsleigh. Allegedly the queues can reach hours at busy times and given Easter, this weekend will probably be busier than my visit. However, as this was my first time at the park I can't really predict how busy it will be.

I can report that Megafobia (running one train) and Speed (running two vehicles) were perfect all day, didn't see them go down at any point, and at the end of the day I actually managed to ride Speed for around an hour without getting off.

Bounce and Drenched were the only closed rides, with Drenched allegedly waiting on a part due by the end of the week. I'll probably be back at Oakwood sometime this weekend so that I can justify my purchase of a season pass.

Thanks for the tips! I'm still undecided on which one of Saturday or Sunday to visit, but it's definitely happening now.

Plenty of nice B&B's in St.Davids and Tenby. Both a nice day out on their own if the weather's good.

The trips worth it for megaphobia, although we did also enjoy the coaster in the trees (treetops?) quite a bit more than we thought we would.

One thing we learnt the hard way is that the queues shut about 15 minutes before close time. Missed out on a reride in megaphobia by 5 minutes.

Hope you have a good trip. Iechyd Da :)

Last edited:
Yesterday Megafobia was on one train and Speed on two cars. Drenched was closed but they got it running in the afternoon.

The park was pretty dead and there were no queues for anything, which surprised me for a bank holiday. You literally walked through the queue and into the air gates.

Agreed about Treetops coaster. I personally preferred it to Speed...

Accommodation wise we stopped in Cardiff which is on the way back for us and about 1.5hr from the park. There's not much near the park itself.

Hi never been to Oakwood before , thinking of going in the May half term and just wondering how busy it would be , all school will be on holiday and thinking of going the Tuesday or Wednesday but hoping queues will be going?? Thanks

As I mentioned previously I think any time outside of school trip season the park will be completely dead

Quick review...

Most rides walk on which was great, most I waited was 15 mins for Drenched and 10 mins Megafobia.

Megafobia was initially a slight let down but wow it really packs a punch later in the day. It's definitely a back row coaster and the ride ops let me leave a frankly stupid amount of room on the restraint. 2 or 3 moments of brilliant ejector airtime to the point I was nearly standing up.

Speed is a bit too rough for my liking, it felt similar to Saw.

Waterfall is absolutely brilliant, would have done double figure rides on that if not for the stairs.

It's a nice park in a great location, and perfect when the sun's out due to the water rides. Not sure I'll be back for a good few years due to the distance but we had a great day.

Interesting to see the park is closed on Sundays in September. We were there on a Sunday in September last year and there can't have been more than 100 people there. Staff were reading books to pass the time...

It's out Knoebels, for sure.

I've been during Summer on one of their late night openings, The queue for Megafobia was an hour all day, and the queues for the rest varied between 15-20 minutes.