• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oakwood Discussion

It’s said to have been something to do with Treetops… the air ambulance has been called, and one person was taken away in it. The HSE have begun an investigation, and it has been confirmed that someone has been taken to hospital. A BBC Wales source described the incident as “serious”.

For what it’s worth, the whole park was evacuated at 1pm.

Live updates can be found here: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/live-updates-air-ambulance-called-25335338?utm_source=wales_online_newsletter&utm_campaign=breaking_daily_newsletter2&utm_medium=email&pure360.trackingid={~TrackingId~}

My thoughts go out to those affected.
EDIT: Speculation has been removed as I felt that it may have been insensitive in hindsight; I apologise.

Last edited:
Anyone knkw whats happened at Oakwood within the last hour?

Thoughts are with all involved.

It seems that the incident happened earlier at 1pm on the Treetops Coaster and an air ambulance was called. Obviously it’s not been made clear yet what has happened but I did see a suggestion on Twitter that there was a rider that fell from it but I’m sure that the details will emerge in due course.

All Internet gossip Indicates someone fell from the ride.

This is not good at all. Hope all involved are OK.

Trip advisor reports seem to indicate the park recently has been operated as an accident waiting to happen.....again.

This may well finish them off if it's severe

All Internet gossip Indicates someone fell from the ride.

This is not good at all. Hope all involved are OK.

Trip advisor reports seem to indicate the park recently has been operated as an accident waiting to happen.....again.

This may well finish them off if it's severe

Didn’t someone on here a week or so ago say that they had been to Oakwood and that some things about it didn’t feel so safe? I think that if a rider has indeed been ejected from a ride then you’d have to wonder about the future of the park, look at Lightwater Valley and how an accident there really affected the park.

This is really concerning, I do hope the person concerned makes a full recovery.

There are certainly some red flags looking through this season's trip advisor reports - lots of one and two star reviews reporting understaffing, closed facilites, lack of cleanliness, poor reliability and questions marks over safety - even some reports of 'loose' restraints on Treetops. I can see this incident being the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Quoted from WalesOnline:

Eyewitness 'heard screams' and shouting before ride was stopped​

An eyewitness has described what he saw before the Oakwood Theme Park was closed and emergency services attended on Sunday. The witness said on Twitter that he "heard screams" less than a minute into the ride he had gotten on and also heard shouting for the ride to stop. He said the ride aborted on a bend and he later saw a man lying on the ground.
It has been reported that the incident involves the Treetops ride, but this has not been confirmed. Oakwood has confirmed the park has been closed and the Health and Safety Executive has said it is investigating.

I'm always suspicious of people claiming things are unsafe when they don't have the technical knowledge to make that claim. Sure, sometimes things are obviously not right, but people claiming on previous occasions their "restraint was loose"... it wouldn't suprise me if this claim has been made of every coaster in existence.

Quoted from WalesOnline:
Oh dear… that sounds horrific, and definitely lines up with the reports that someone could have been ejected.

For clarity, I didn’t like your post because I liked what was being written. I simply liked to thank you for relaying the info to us. I just want to make that very clear for any future occasions where I like an incident-related post.

Oh dear… that sounds horrific, and definitely lines up with the reports that someone could have been ejected.

For clarity, I didn’t like your post because I liked what was being written. I simply liked to thank you for relaying the info to us. I just want to make that very clear for any future occasions where I like an incident-related post.
Don;t worry Matt, I always worry whether I should "like" a post like these. Maybe the team should add more reaction emojis if they can?

There has been a rather concerning eyewitness report on BBC News: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63367245

The article says the following:
BBC News said:
Pembrokeshire: Oakwood closed after accident on ride

Oakwood Theme Park has been closed following an accident on a ride.

The emergency services were called to the Pembrokeshire park on Sunday afternoon.

Wales Air Ambulance was seen taking a patient from the scene. One woman said the incident was “serious” and happened on the park’s Treetops ride, which her family had been on.

The Health and Safety Executive said it had been informed and was making inquiries with Dyfed Powys Police.

Harriet Lloyd, from Carmarthen, said the ride had a top speed of 20-30mph. She was watching her husband and five-year-old son, who were sat at the front of the ride.

She said “My husband said he heard people screaming in the carriages at the back. He turned around and saw a girl aged about 14 screaming, “Stop”. A man in the carriage with her had been thrown out. It looked like the last few carriages were loose and wobbling. He’d been thrown out (and) other passengers were holding the carriage because it had become a bit loose.”

She said the accident happened at the bottom of the first descent which she said meant people would not have been more than six or seven feet off the ground.

People including staff, an ambulance technician and a nurse came to help, Ms Lloyd said.

She added “People looked pretty shaken up. We talked to one family and we were saying we didn’t want to go on any other rides.”

“An air ambulance arrived 15-20 minutes later.”

She said the park stayed open for between another hour and an hour and a half before visitors were asked to leave.
This is greatly concerning, if true…
EDIT: @AT86 beat me to it…