• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oakwood Discussion

Just going back to the Treetops incident, that was nowhere near as heavily reported as this Bounce incident, yet it sounds far more serious. HSE found them not to be at fault on Treetops and whilst I’m hearing things about the train coming loose or whatever, did that actually happen, or was it simply a case of a guest standing up and falling out. Whilst Oakwood are being very vocal and transparent about this Bounce incident, barely anything seemed to be mentioned about Treetops despite (from what I remember) an air ambulance being involved.

Sorry but looking at the other photos posted recently in this thread, no way they have money for an RMC upgrade? Surely just a prank
They did spend something like £2 million having Gravity Group work on Megafobia last year.

There's also a near clone of Megafobia at Alabama Adventure which is closed this year as they've decided to replace the wooden track with steel, so it could even be something to do with that and them wanting to look at the other coaster.

Or it's just a staff member playing a prank on enthusiasts.

I’m going with enthusiast wearing a hi-vis to attract attention. There is no way Oakwood are going to spend money on RMCing a just retracked Megafobia when there are so many other projects, including the not yet finished Drenched, Spooky 3D and ‘future development area’

I’m going with enthusiast wearing a hi-vis to attract attention. There is no way Oakwood are going to spend money on RMCing a just retracked Megafobia when there are so many other projects, including the not yet finished Drenched, Spooky 3D and ‘future development area’
There is no way that RMC is converting Megafobia

An RMC being built from the ground up, maybe and that would put the park on the map again however the likelihood of that is extremely remote like it's a 1 in like a million?

They're more likely to put in something from SBF if new than invest like it's the 90s and 00s again. Building up a second-hand coaster Sik style? Different matter...

Let us bear in mind that Oakwood's last coaster, built 7 years ago, was a relocated Pinfari RC40 from M&D's in Scotland.

With this in mind, I too am erring towards enthusiast prank... at very best, I can imagine RMC doing some sort of minor repair work on Megafobia, and given that The Gravity Group revamped it so comprehensively only a year ago, I think that's highly unlikely.

Sorry to double post, but Oakwood’s 2023 accounts are out, and it turns out that they made a £2.3million loss after tax in 2023: https://riderater.co.uk/12214/oakwo...JIqZTwCCgCFCbSEly8_aem_AzqnebjEzHmzPMbr1ZEvsQ

The park cites the Treetops incident in 2022 and the multi million pound investment into Megafobia as the reasons for this.

For context, they made a £702,000 profit by the same measure in 2022. The business has been signed off by the directors as a going concern, meaning that they see it as viable indefinitely.

£702k profit in a year for a theme park to me sounds very low. Is it?

I’d be interested to see profit made by other parks of a similar size.

£702k profit in a year for a theme park to me sounds very low. Is it?

I’d be interested to see profit made by other parks of a similar size.
I seem to remember Drayton Manor in the years pre-incident and pre-Looping Group making similar, if not lower numbers; I have an oddly specific memory of Drayton making a £526,000 profit in 2014 or 2015 (?), for some reason. I also remember Lightwater Valley making similar numbers for a number of years.

Given that Drayton Manor is a lot bigger than Oakwood, I don’t think a £702,000 profit seems that small for a park of Oakwood’s calibre.

Without going off topic but Drayton pre accident always had a high number of guests thought the gates who spent money in the shops. It was the loans that kept the profit margins low.
I never been to Oakwood but I never heard a good thing about the park and the investments have been rides from other closed down parks.
What was the last new ride that was installed at the park?

Without going off topic but Drayton pre accident always had a high number of guests thought the gates who spent money in the shops. It was the loans that kept the profit margins low.
I never been to Oakwood but I never heard a good thing about the park and the investments have been rides from other closed down parks.
What was the last new ride that was installed at the park?
I think it was Dizzy Disk in 2019, which actually was a brand new Disk’O from Zamperla, to be fair!

I'm pretty sure Dizzy Disk is not a Zamperla, appears to be a copy but I'm not sure who actually made it