• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oblivion: General Discussion

Most rides don't really need SRQ at towers. The throughput for most rides are good enough to cater for the odd empty seat. Smiler and Rita however I think they need to be filling every seat if they can because they have lower throughputs, but yet are 2 of the most popular rides, resulting in massive queues

Most rides don't really need SRQ at towers. The throughput for most rides are good enough to cater for the odd empty seat. Smiler and Rita however I think they need to be filling every seat if they can because they have lower throughputs, but yet are 2 of the most popular rides, resulting in massive queues

SRQ's should be available on all major attractions. We all know why they're not though. Gotta get those fast track sales.

SRQ's should be available on all major attractions. We all know why they're not though. Gotta get those fast track sales.
True but surely they wouldnt have it on smiler then as they could make more money on fastrack for that ride than most the others

They got rid of single rider purely to save costs after the smiler accident. Rita lost its merge position, so fastrack used the old single rider queue rather than being merged in the queue. The same thing happened on Galactica (although since then it’s had its merge position back), smiler lost its merge position and fastrack used the single rider queue (which since got reversed). And TH13TEEN lost its merge and baggage which meant fastrack took the single rider queue.

Now TH13TEEN has its baggage back, there’s no reason why single rider couldn’t come back on there. It could also be added to oblivion as it’s still got its single rider queue, and you’ve always got a batcher on there.

Nemesis was just a mess for single rider so I’m not surprised that’s not come back.

They got rid of single rider purely to save costs after the smiler accident. Rita lost its merge position, so fastrack used the old single rider queue rather than being merged in the queue. The same thing happened on Galactica (although since then it’s had its merge position back), smiler lost its merge position and fastrack used the single rider queue (which since got reversed). And TH13TEEN lost its merge and baggage which meant fastrack took the single rider queue.

Now TH13TEEN has its baggage back, there’s no reason why single rider couldn’t come back on there. It could also be added to oblivion as it’s still got its single rider queue, and you’ve always got a batcher on there.

Nemesis was just a mess for single rider so I’m not surprised that’s not come back.
Where was the SRQ for Nemmy?

Next to the exit.
It was heaven.
On quiet days you could ride the beast three times in five minutes.
However on busy times it was a nightmare, I would say if anything it could slow operations don’t. Especially as nemesis doesn’t usually have a batcher, so the exit host would have to try and look across the station and work out where there might be an empty seat. Then the train comes in and they direct you to that row and you have to awkwardly cut across the people getting on to get on your seat.

you sometimes had it when they thought there was an empty seat, but there wasn’t actually and as a single rider you ended up stealing someones seat or just being left with no seat.

It wouldn’t work now as the offload staff is far too busy trying to deal with RAP.

Tbh, there is only one ride i know of that would benefit from a single rider queue and that is colossus at Thorpe( off topic sorry all restraints need to be open fully to reset the ride inbetween dispatch’s, its the only coaster I've known that has to do this, all seats occupied = quicker loading. When the platform is busy it can lead to 1-2 minutes of load delays on each train..

There should be a lesser but non-zero benefit on the likes of Rita/Smiler too - all seats being filled can slightly speed up the restraint checks as staff don't have to close them. Colossus needs all the help it can get though and every seat being filled would be a start.

As for Oblivion, I'm not too bothered about the lack of SRQ - if the batching staff can count to 8 there should never be more than one empty seat per row as you can pair odd-numbered groups on the same row, which combined with a group of 2 gives no space for single riders. On any other coaster those same groups would result in 2 people getting on from the SRQ. Of all rides it's ever been available on, the rides they should bring it back on are Thirteen (to ensure the weight limit is reached) and Spinball (for wet operation)

Blivvy ate someone's sunglasses again :tearsofjoy:

IMG_20220420_123913.jpg
IMG_20220420_123915.jpg

This is why you store loose articles in zipped pockets or don't take them on the ride! 🤦‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget the glasses, what about the state of the wall around the hole? Damn thing needs a good powerwash! 🤮
They did actually jet wash all around the outside of the hole this winter and it all looks much better. But they’ve not touched the actual inside of the hole 😞

Last edited:
They did actually jet wash all around the outside of the hole this winter and it all looks much better. But they’ve not touched the actual inside of the whole 😞
Today I found out I am oblivion … now where’s my oblivion branded single bedspread ?

They did actually jet wash all around the outside of the hole this winter and it all looks much better. But they’ve not touched the actual inside of the hole 😞
Sounds typically frustrating of Towers, do one thing right such as what you mentioned about outside of the hole being cleaned up and yet another thing being wrong with that of the inside of the hole as seen in those pictures.