• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oblivion

It was more about the rides than anything else, sorry (I'm not doing very well today! :p ). But I don't think National Trust would have left Warwick to gather dust. They're very good at keeping even the very small and least popular properties looking nice, Nether Alderley Mill being a good example.

But this is for another topic. :p

BigAl said:
electricBlll said:
BigAl said:
I wrote it as Merlin simply because I don't know who's responsible for fixing things up. I'm not blaming a specific person or group within the company, just saying that they're responsible for keeping their attractions in good condition. Up until X-Sector's refurbishment for SW7, Merlin haven't been great with maintaining the aesthetics of their attractions. Hopefully things will be different after X-Sector.
He he, I was just teasing in retrospect of the new repaint!

But yes, Merlin's name get bashed around way too much for anything bad that happens at the park (but I understand you were just using it for lack of a better term).

Alton Towers management and maintenance are well aware of everything wrong with the park. They have been wanting to repaint Oblivion for just as long as the fans have. It's just a question of finding an excuse to get the money... Merlin have looked after Oblvion quite well: Nick Varney personally ordered the reversal of the Fanta sponsorship in 2011 and they have now budgeted for the ride's thorough refurbishment. I doubt that would have ever been granted under DIC Tussaudes.

It'd be quite unfortunate now if it turns out that there is a guy called Merlin that sneaks around Alton Towers cutting the theming off with an old rusty hack saw. :p

550w_gayspy_colin_morgan_b2.jpg

;)

I love Oblivion! It's my favourite ride on the park! Also, looking back, I have managed to find an on ride video of me, on youtube, which alton did on Oblivion for a short time back in 2009!

It is a fantastic ride, and as everyone agrees, great to be getting a proper coat of paint!

Not by any means my favorite coaster at Towers, I think it would be an amazing way to start a truly world-class ride, if only it included a layout!

However, it does a good job at munching up the queues and its always worth a couple of goes. I, like most am pleased to hear its finally getting a lick of paint!

Ash