• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ocean Kingdom China 2013: B&M Wingrider "Flying Over The Rainforest"

Sam

TS Member
China's first B&M Wingrider, and I'm sure, the first of many. It's taken on one of those wonderfully absurd lost-in-translation names of Flying Over The Rainforest that seem unique to Asian parks.

Here are the trains, on-display at IAAPA:

pbMOu.jpg

A7seplBCcAAtEww.jpg

And the coaster here:

BTjCv.jpg

5Cs2s.jpg

N5Wba.jpg

Not the lack of a Swarm-esque first drop!

And finally a (small) picture of the stunning looking layout:

oSs3W.jpg

Edit: Oh yeah the park will also have a Mack water coaster and Mack SuperSplash for some reason.

I approve of the straight first drop - the one on Raptor is superb and too many parks are just copying Swarm's opening element which whilst being an unusual way to start a ride isn't actually that much fun.

I've no idea what's going on at the end of the layout, but that tunnel looks like it could be interesting. I like how the final section stays low to the ground though, it should allow for some great near misses and provide quite a contrast with the aerial action of the first half.

Wow, this looks stunning.

Love the dive loop as the first element- which will be a great experience- and the tunnel under the lake looks great as well. I also fully approve of the first drop. The only problem is the time between first drop and the MCBR- which looks a little short- and it may result in a slower paced second half- and on this coaster, it doesn't look that interesting.

Wow, I'm loving those trains! Puts Wild Eagle to shame! That's how they should have been on that! It's nice to see all B&M Wing Rider trains being so arty. Prior to this the only real arty thing you'd get from them was Inverted coaster wheel covers, and most of those were just generic and plain. They're making some really aesthetically pleasing designs now though :)

Looks like a good layout too. Nice to see something different from Swarm at the start. Can't wait to see it finished :D

It's an amazing looking ride, the ride cars are brilliant this actual shows what can be achieved with great designers I'm expecting this to be a truly great ride :)

I dunno, the train looks a bit... childish? ...to me.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

I like how bright and colourful they are, but the bird looks awful. Raptor and The Swarm still have the best wingrider trains by far. They looks so menacing and interesting.

Just had a look at raptor and I can see why you say it looks childish, raptor looks a lot better I would love to ride :)

I quite like the train design. It's nice to see some themed designs that aren't just "dark" themes like Raptor and Swarm. Admittedly those two coasters trains do have a more detailed design though.

:)

Must admit I love the trains and the track colour scheme is really nice. Also nice to see a straight first drop and a Dive loop too!

Very nice layout, now to wait for a POV or something to see how it rides.

Am I the only one that thinks it's funny that they've themed a great big advanced white knuckle coaster to parrots? :p

Ohhhh I like! Floaty! Shame about the very basic trains though, they could do with some more detail on them... compared to The Swarm, they're rather bland!

If only it were easier to visit *sigh*

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

That looks like it paces quite well, seems to slow into those tunnels, but obviously being so enclosed may well feel much faster.

Interesting layout I like it! First time I questioned whether Swarm would have done better with a straight drop into dive loop - that looks really floaty as Saz says.

Mmm, I like that start on Swarm I must say, but now I wonder!! Who has ridden both? Preference?

That's a long coaster though isn't it, not that that's a bad thing of course.

It looks very long.

I will probably never ever get to ride this but it does look different to other wingriders. My only worry is that as it is so long maybe it wont pack such a punch

Looking at the layout, I'm not that impressed. The start seems great but from there it just seems to mellow out. There is a lot of track that does nothing i.e. there are no elements, no airtime hills, no inversions, it's just there.

I'll probably never ride this in my life time, so I doubt that I'll ever be proven wrong. It's a shame really, it seemed so promising at the start.

Just read something rather interesting about this new wing coaster on Screamscape:
2013 - New Park - Under Construction - (4/3/13) Coaster-Net reports that B&M’s new Wing Coaster going into China, known as Flying Over The Rainforest at Ocean Kingdom, will feature the first “watersplash” element seen on a Wing Coaster. Since the description of the element placed it in the middle of the ride instead of the end, I’ve got a hunch that this may be more of a special effect ‘splashdown’, much like Manta at SeaWorld Orlando, and not a true splashdown as seen on many B&M Dive Machines as well as Dimondback at Kings Island.

A splash down on a wing coaster? Yes please! ;D

Edit: Yes, I know it's not getting a real one, but imagine a wing coaster with a real splashdown? :p