• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Older Members

Loved your clip DiogoJ42.

An oldies meet sounds a great idea. It would have to be in term time though because we wouldn't want all those screaming kids around to spoil it would we!

I would need plenty of advance notice too as I live in Gloucester and it will take me a while to plan how to get there on my own using my bus pass!

I usually visit, with my daughter and grandkids, about 6 times a year but last year on each visit carried around several old plans and pictures of how the rooms in the Towers use to look but never ended up with enough 'on my own time' to explore. I think they use to do a guided tour but it had to be pre booked.

Hehe. I wanted to post the sketch where they cut a little girl's skipping rope, but I couldn't find that one. ;)

I KNEW this thing at Sundown reminded me of you for a reason... :p
1524655_10152189389430864_1986512696_n.jpg

Felt very old this evening when I wandered over to the nightwear section in Tesco thinking 'hmm...I might treat myself to a new pair of pyjamas!' :eek: :eek:

At least you didn't wander over to the nightwear section in Tesco and then completely forget what you went there for, that happens you know at our age ! ;)

Pixie-Ro said:
Felt very old this evening when I wandered over to the nightwear section in Tesco thinking 'hmm...I might treat myself to a new pair of pyjamas!' :eek: :eek:
We've been through this - you're not old yet, you're middle aged!
(Hence the slightly unhealthy love of 1970s disco. And inappropriate dancing...)

Its when you notice everything in your wardrobe is beige and you start buying M&S Magnolia bath stuff that its really time to worry

WillG said:
(Hence the slightly unhealthy love of 1970s disco. And inappropriate dancing...)

what is unhealthy about loving disco and inappropriate dancing ;)

Nah - its just I need to arrange a day pass from the nursing home thats all.

Seriously though, i'd be up for a meet.

delta79 said:
WillG said:

The dancing was not inappropriate, just drunken! You know us oldies can't handle our alcohol anymore! ;)

Pixie-Ro said:
delta79 said:
WillG said:

The dancing was not inappropriate, just drunken! You know us oldies can't handle our alcohol anymore! ;)

The dancing was hilarious, and there's a video on Facebook to prove it. :D

Amy_D said:
Pixie-Ro said:
delta79 said:
WillG said:

The dancing was hilarious, and there's a video on Facebook to prove it. :D

Amy shush!!!

There is no video. She lies.