• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

One for the runners

The date is interesting November 14th and it says the rides are open.
Could be a mistake but that’s a later end to the season than normal unless I’m mistaken.

Thanks guys for sharing - just signed up, the map is on their site too. Looks like it may start in Forbidden valley and take in most of the park.

I’ve done Run Through events before and they are usually really well organised. I wonder if they will do spectator entry for people who are not running but want to be on park?

I know someone that does the Disney Paris version of this and always recommends giving it a try.
Alton is a great place for it.

I know someone that does the Disney Paris version of this and always recommends giving it a try.
Alton is a great place for it.
Good in that it's a massive park but with the terrain it would be quite a horrible course especially if it goes through the gardens.

Good in that it's a massive park but with the terrain it would be quite a horrible course especially if it goes through the gardens.

From the map looks like it skirts around the gardens (looks like it takes the Forbidden Valley Lakeside walk route without the steps to bring you into Haunted Hollow). Still likely to be a hilly course but maybe not as bad as it could be.

I live 5 miles away and it’s not easy to find a flat route anywhere around here.:)
I’ve signed up but only went for the 10k for two reasons, 4 laps would be quite boring and it also means I get longer on the rides...:wink:

I do a lot of walking (probably average around 6-7 miles a day) but never really jog or run. This might be a decent goal to go for and improve the cardiovascular system a bit. Thanks for sharing :)

I live 5 miles away and it’s not easy to find a flat route anywhere around here.:)
I’ve signed up but only went for the 10k for two reasons, 4 laps would be quite boring and it also means I get longer on the rides...:wink:

I’ve just rechecked the map and realised that the numbers are Ks and not miles after I signed up for the half. Not looking forward to heading up the Katanga Kanyon hill 4 times

Let's hope it's a bit more official than the Thorpe Park one that ended up having to saw the the "park" bit of the medal off after losing permission at the last minute :D

A word of warning though I've signed up to 2 runs at AT previously and neither have never gone ahead. (Granted one of them was around 2015 :eek:)

I'll sign up for the half and if anyone is curious about the day out remember you can walk 10k in roughly 1hr 40. So with a bit of training an hour to complete it, is definitely manageable. Just remember AT isn't the flattest place to get around afterwards :D

Wonder want the "unique themed medal" would look like?
Would love to do this, but don't think I'm fit enough or have the stamina (at least it's in November so don't have to worry about overheating) :p
Might sign up to be a race marshal though.
Also, it says there will be a half marathon and 10k, but only one is marked on the map.

To be fair the medals the Let’s Run events do are usually quite good and fit the run. I’d expect it to be generic coaster though to avoid the issues that Thorpe Park half had.

Based on how they run their Heaton Park race I think that the map is marked in Ks. So 2 laps for the 10k and 4 laps (crumbs) for the half marathon. Interesting that the route appears to take you down the maintenance road at Haunted hollow and towards the Air car park.

They usually get a few hundred at their event so it’ll be interesting to see how this one does. They’ve not officially started promoting it as far as I can see and it’s already gaining some buzz. I believe they have been able to run Covid secure events when we’ve not been in lockdown so fingers crossed this goes ahead. This is an established race company so probably got more chance of going ahead than the previous ones.

Just had a look at their volunteering page, you get a free entry into one of their races for volunteering.

They usually get a few hundred at their event so it’ll be interesting to see how this one does. They’ve not officially started promoting it as far as I can see and it’s already gaining some buzz. I believe they have been able to run Covid secure events when we’ve not been in lockdown so fingers crossed this goes ahead. This is an established race company so probably got more chance of going ahead than the previous ones.
There are 7500 spaces available apparently.

It costs around £100,000 to hire the park for the day I believe, so at £34pp they will need around 3000 people. Plus they need to cover the additional costs of staging the run itself.

I wonder if there will be a spectator ticket option for those not running that still want to support and go on a few rides.