One for the runners

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigT, 2nd Jan 2021.

1. Enk27

Enk27 TowersStreet Member

Yep all of this. Best part of the race is the activity afterwards. Just hope that the Tavern is open lol.

Plus a lot depends on how people take the race. Suspect most people doing this won’t be PB hunting. If you run 1-2 minute a mile less than full pace you’ll have lots of energy left.

I really hope they get a good turnout as even though this is not a park run initiative, stuff like this improves the parks profile.

jon81uk likes this.
    Posted 7th Jan 2021
  2. Enk27

Enk27 TowersStreet Member

Just a quick update. My T-shirt arrived out the blue today along with some post race “corn snacks”.

The T-shirt itself is good quality for a running shirt. However it’s only branded as a run through shirt with no description of the race. So a little disappointed but it’s not the end of the world as no doubt the slight profit they made on me buying a shirt will help ensure the race goes ahead.

However thought it was worth letting everyone know just in case.

Tom and Skyscraper like this.
  3. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Just a heads up, everyone who's registered already will receive an email, but there have been some changes. This is the email someone got:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 22nd Feb 2021
    djtruefitt likes this.
  4. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

That certainly sounds promising in terms of its popularity. Gives confidence that they will get the numbers to be able to proceed.

Skyscraper likes this.