• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Opening Day.... Darn it!

Benzin said:
Really, if you can go on the Thursday, seriously do it, as it won't be anywhere near as busy or awful as the weekend will be...

Yeah, I think I will.

The only thing that really put me off was the train from Bristol to Stoke not arriving until 9.15.

But from what you're saying, the queues won't be too bad.

School. :( Going on the Tuesday though which is pretty much the closest we can do to Thursday. Now I'm wondering how I'm going to avoid this forum for 5 days...

Can't really afford it before Scarefest now (holiday coming up and a few other things planned already). So it'll be October when I finally get to the park again.

I could go... as I have a week off. However I live 4 hours away and can't drive therefore it would be very hard and fairly pointless for me to bother. I'm also visiting a week and a half later anyway :)

My parents are two cheap asses... "wait until july, it won't kill you" they said, but really they dont want to let go of their money!

Maya said:
My parents are two cheap asses... "wait until july, it won't kill you" they said, but really they dont want to let go of their money!

Or maybe it's just easier to go in July. ;)

We do still have financial issues in the UK and there are more important things than theme park trips, such as bills and stuff.

You should be grateful that you're going in July as some people can't go at all!

I might try and go over the half term myself, but it depends on funds etc.

Andrew said:
Maya said:

Or maybe it's just easier to go in July. ;)

We do still have financial issues in the UK and there are more important things than theme park trips, such as bills and stuff.

You should be grateful that you're going in July as some people can't go at all!

I might try and go over the half term myself, but it depends on funds etc.

Hehe I guess, jusr annoying when all my non enthusiast friends come bragging to me how good this new "loopdy loop" ride is!! I'll just be counting down until July (or maybe I can get round my nan?no..she doesn't approve of hurting your self on painfull torture devices!)

I've not visited Alton for nearly 5 years but...

I'm going

Wow, you guys really have big issues leading to why you cant go! Thats such a shame.

I think I will aim for Friday... Finish school at 1pm so should be ok queue wize

Simplem for me. Gonna wait till scarefest then go. The reasons

1, Live in Leeds so getting there amd back is expensive, and time consuming
2, Hopefully all the queue's would have died down a bit.
3, Ride it in dark (i found thirteen dissapointing first time until i went on at night in the rain at the front and it made sense)
4, If the queue is big........... then ive got longer to go round the rest of the park.

Benzin said:
On a Saturday morning, which was 2 hours max, and then later on in the day was 20 minutes...

Really, if you can go on the Thursday, seriously do it, as it won't be anywhere near as busy or awful as the weekend will be...
Such a pessimist, Benin :p
Though yeah, please don't remind me of Th13teen's opening day *shudder*

Why can't I go? It's a boring excuse, but it's fact - I've failed to get the day off work, and I have to admit, it makes me feel that little bit more grown up that I've had to prioritise real life for once - fully expecting the weekend to be busy, but maybe the teething problems the ride will inevitably have won't be as bad by then, either way, I'm sure the ride will be better for having waited those extra few hours :)

Also, the poster above me is spot on about Thirteen.

WillG said:
Benzin said:
On a Saturday morning, which was 2 hours max, and then later on in the day was 20 minutes...

Such a pessimist, Benin :p
Though yeah, please don't remind me of Th13teen's opening day *shudder*

Pessimism is the best way to go, then you can have a nice surprise if things turn out the opposite way to what was expected ;)

And when the weekend it opens is Bank Holiday Weekend, well it should be great fun for those in attendance... I'll still be in Denmark at that point most likely hurling abuse at Farup for not having their new coaster open...

I might brave the Monday, but even that is dependent on the result of other events taking place (or not taking place, it's a right old mess)...

I'll be there, after school of course.
So if you see a kid in his school uniform that'll be me.

:)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Stevie said:
I'll be there, after school of course.
So if you see a kid in his school uniform that'll be me.

:)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Just bunk off! There will be loads of schools there anyway so you won't stand out! Forge a note for the teachers saying you were sick and put a huge smile on it. :twirly:

Just kidding obviously ;)

Can't go on opening day... Exams... But I have arranged a visit with my girlfriend for the day after opening... I genuinely can't wait :D

Well not going opening now. Hangover 3 is definitely the preferred option ;) looks like ill be there Friday and Saturday though...