• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Opening Day.... Darn it!

Damn my life!
Anyone else who was planning to go on The Smiler's opening day but cant go now?
I cant! Got 2 GCSE's :(

Post here if you cant go and why :(

:twirly:

A level Chemistry resit :(

My posts have that many mistakes in them?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky :)

I can't go, but then I live in Wales and only manage affording one visit a year! :p So I knew from the offset that I won't be riding this until 2014 sadly. :(

I live it hope though I can pop along during Scarefest if money lets me.

I can't go for a few reasons.

1. Money.
2. I live in Cornwall, making going anywhere further than Plymouth a day trip.
3. I already have plans for the weekends either side of The Smiler opening.

Ye.. Shame about that. I on the other hand live about 20 minutes away so can go when ever I want (Anual Pass)

If i didnt have the exam, I would deffo go but shame they are GCSE's

Two exams on that day, no way to get there easily, no MAP, live quite far away etc.

Hopefully I'll try and convince my family to go around half-term/just after exams finish.

I've got my final university exam the morning after, so I really can't afford to go to Towers for the opening which I am gutted about. I'll be there on the Saturday though!

:)

James - I usually stop in my hometown (Cardiff) to see family the night before I travel up to Alton - could always share the cost of fuel to go up if you fancy!

DiogoJ42 said:
I could go... If I wanted to. ;)

Yeah.....i'm kind of in that mindset.

I'm thinking it would be really great to be there for the opening of it, just so I can say I was there on opening day.....but then on the other hand can I really be bothered to trek up there and queue for god knows how long for a ride which probably won't be totally finished and will be encountering all sorts of teething problems?

Hmmm......

Benzin said:
I highly doubt the park will be busy on the Thursday before Half Term AND Bank Holiday...

I thought that....but then I remember seeing the pictures of Th13teen's opening on a rainy day in March, yet with a queue stretching far out the entrance.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
Benzin said:
I highly doubt the park will be busy on the Thursday before Half Term AND Bank Holiday...

I thought that....but then I remember seeing the pictures of Th13teen's opening on a rainy day in March, yet with a queue stretching far out the entrance.

On a Saturday morning, which was 2 hours max, and then later on in the day was 20 minutes...

Really, if you can go on the Thursday, seriously do it, as it won't be anywhere near as busy or awful as the weekend will be...

I can't go for the following reasons...

1) I live in Scotland

2) Going to Alton Towers in August anyway

3) Money

4) All of the above :p

In theory, I can make it. It wouldn't be easy, would dent my finances a bit (woo, student life), and I'd end up going alone, but I could go. However, I have a uni exam 2 days afterwards (yes, Saturday exams!) and it's quite an important one, so can't really afford to spend the day having a jolly at Alton. :p

I'm going in July anyway, so hopefully can catch a quiet-ish day and avoid any possible teething problems. I'm sure I can put up with not smiling (and avoiding spoilers) till then.