• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Parc Astérix: General Discussion

Bit of an update on Astérix for the new season - they’re opening a nicely-themed star flyer this year:

The park’s apparently confirmed a new family coaster for next year too on the site of the old vintage cars.

Yeah the park is crying out for an Asterix themed dark ride, couldn't believe all they had was the mad house which is in such a sorry state.

Why did they ever get rid of Transdemonium?
Agreed. It was one of the most unique and interesting dark rides I've been on.
.... Even if I had no clue what it was supposed to be. A ghost train home made by the Gauls??

I mainly really like Parc Asterix, but feel they should definitely prioritise a dark ride. Volare and Pegasus Express are both fine family coasters as it is.
If you're referring to Vol d'Icare, it's garbage. Rusty and rough as hell, plus when I rode they had too many trains on the system and it kept braking harshly at random moments. Awful ride. It turns 30 this year, must be near end of life.

Pégase Express is excellent though. Another family coaster of the same quality would be very welcome.

Managed to get on Toutatis yesterday after it was closed all day on my visit last year.

Wow.

Is it me or is this a bit underhyped? I barely hear it mentioned anymore and no one seems to rave about it like Velolicoaster for example.

It's an easy top 10 coaster for me and could well be the best in Europe, I was blown away. Really enjoyed the initial slower section which offers some good hang time. The airtime on the swing launch is insane and makes a mockery of the other version over at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. You get great airtime going into the top hat and a fair amount coming back down despite the trim. There are no wasted moments for the remainder of the layout and I didn't expect the straight airtime hill to be that powerful, it's very similar to Gotham City Escape.

Got several rides in throughout the day, all over the train and it delivers in every seat. Absolutely fantastic ride and a solid 10/10.

I visited Asterix for the first time since 2012 on Saturday, and had a really great time! The park was fairly busy but we had bronze fastrack which made the day much more manageable.

Toutatis really is great! Is it the best in Europe? Not for me, but it's super fun and even on my ride in the middle of the train it delivered some powerful airtime. The swing launch is quite something as well! I love what they have done with the whole Festival Toutatis area, although am less keen on the slightly chaotic and over thought out batching for the coaster.

Oz'Iris has really developed a rattle since I last rode it, which is a shame as I really like the layout. Tonnere 2 Zeus is an experience, it's a little too rough and shaky to be considered a top wooden coaster for me but fun to ride. Goudurix however was worse than I remembered!

Pégase Express is a really good family coaster, much better than Firechaser Express at Dollywood. The indoor show scene is a bit naff, but for a family coaster it really does deliver.

I also enjoyed eating, and then meeting, the wild boar. Yum yum!

Hi all, does anyone happen know if any rides at Asterix feature maximum height restrictions as they don’t seem to be listed on the website?