• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Parc Astérix: General Discussion

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
I know it is a long way off but Parc Astérix have confirmed that they will be getting a major new coaster in 2017:
Loopings.nl said:
We have a good reason to go again in 2017 to Parc Asterix. In that year the French theme park opens with heroes Asterix and Obelix a major new roller coaster, said director Pascal Fliche this week in an interview on French television.

The boss wanted to have nothing to say about a manufacturer or a type. It is known that sister parks Walibi Holland and Walibi Belgium for new attractions at sea have gone with the German company Mack Rides. Opening rides in 2016. Both parks are like Asterix park owned group Compagnie des Alpes.

The latest rollercoaster at Parc Astérix was the sensational hanging roller coaster Oziris (2012), which reaches a top speed of 90 kilometers per hour. In total, there are now six roller coasters in the park, one less than in the nearby Disneyland Paris.
Source

Maybe a Mack? Seeing as both Walibi parks are getting Macks in 2016. Potentially very exciting!

:)

Rumour says here for a long time that CDA has nought 3 coaster to Mack Rides: 1 for Walibi Holland, 1 for Walibi Belgium, and the last one for Parc Astérix. So with the boss of the park saying that a new coaster is coming in 2017, this makes even more sense.

Not sure it's worthy of a new topic so thought I'd throw this in here. Asterix are due to get two new flats next year from Zamperla:

11252855_804798276307654_7252383410285622187_n.jpg

thumb_en_2016_le_parc_ast_rix_s_offre_deux_nouvelles_attractions_2.jpg

Theming is looking good!

:)

Reactions: Tim
I love the look of the top spin. Hell even the Disko looks really nice!

Fairly boring flats, but if they turn out like the concepts they will look good. The disko will certainly look better than the new one at Legoland

Asterix do lack flats (5 'adult' flats, even if one of them is the amazing Hydra), these will be good additions to the park as a result...

Now they just need to add a high quality coaster, high quality dark ride (where the random empty area in the Victorian indoor area is) and replace the crapids with a high quality rapids ride and they'll be really set...

I'm guessing these are going by Zeus and OzIris? If so that's good planning as both them coasters are sort of on their own (especially Zeus).

I'm guessing these are going by Zeus and OzIris? If so that's good planning as both them coasters are sort of on their own (especially Zeus).

The Disko 'arch' is literally going over the pathway that leads to Zeus, the concept art shows the station in the background (though not on the one posted on here)...

No idea where the Top Spin is going though, maybe just off the corner of OzIris...

Slight topic bump, however Asterix have confirmed the Disko for next year. Though sadly there seems to be no mention of the top spin, which was evidently the better ride of the two!

b3bd79c93494515f2cab56d061b81d2b.jpg

5222b4b992a57e0aef7d9a302e38af4f.jpg

And in a further update, there seems to be some new info posted on the coaster, now being referred to as #pegasusproject! Unlike we first thought, Wonder World Web has posted today, stating the coaster will be a family experience with both forwards and backwards sections and launches. It would appear Parc Asterix are looking at working with Gerstlauer on a coaster similar to the highly popular Fire Chaser Express at Dollywood.

Images aren't the best quality, but here's a couple of concepts.

0430d13265ce16c3f4b825ed40261d9b.jpg

8e4be3e74e7bd5a5a1229b836116f1fb.jpg

All images courtesy of Wonder World Web.

It appears that the park are expanding once again, with the coaster appearing to be on new land to the back of the flying carpet ride, meaning the Greek area will get two rides in two seasons. Fingers crossed this will mean Zeus will feel less out on a limb.

As for the coaster being more family focused, I think that is ideal. As much as a Mack thrill machine would be great, Asterix is in need of a family coaster more after the arrival of Oz Iris. Look forward to seeing this progress.

Bumping this old topic!

It seems to new ride is now open "Discobelix" and it actually looks well themed. Here are a couple of photos from their FB page:

12932984_10156743476140258_3398315046032434543_n.jpg

12439481_10156740073160258_7247211905623682927_n.jpg

Oh my, that looks great! Hopefully details for their 2017 coaster soon.

Very nice indeed! Is that a water effect I see there too!? I've never really followed Parc Asterix but from their latest updates over the last few years it looks like a very nice park which is on the up!

Wow, so Astèrix has that beaut, and Plopsaland has:

26.jpg

And we get:

hqdefault.jpg

Anyway, hope this one at Astèrix eases Zues' queue....