• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Park Hours: Updates and Discussion

Couldn't agree more with the above. I went to Mardi Gras twice last year and both were brilliant days (aided by glorious weather I might add). Food Street was great last year with some really tasty and different food options, there was lots of entertainment and the atmosphere for the end of day parade was something we are not used to in UK theme parks. A real sense of event!

It is so disappointing that Bianca and her team have decided to get rid of the event rather than expending on it; especially when they had already invested in many props and costumes etc.

And events do encourage people to stay longer, as they might take an hour or so out of their day to experience the event. So you can therefore have longer hours.

Couldn't agree more with the above. I went to Mardi Gras twice last year and both were brilliant days (aided by glorious weather I might add). Food Street was great last year with some really tasty and different food options, there was lots of entertainment and the atmosphere for the end of day parade was something we are not used to in UK theme parks. A real sense of event!

It is so disappointing that Bianca and her team have decided to get rid of the event rather than expending on it; especially when they had already invested in many props and costumes etc.

And events do encourage people to stay longer, as they might take an hour or so out of their day to experience the event. So you can therefore have longer hours.
100% agree. But have they binned it off totally, or just for this year because of CBeebies celebration? I'm hoping the latter. As you say it does seem bizarre to have axed it when it was clearly popular, growing year on year and got people into the park at the time of year when it is traditionally quiet. And of course it meant there was an event pre-summer meaning every event isn't just in the autumn.

Mardi Gras was always my favourite event out of any of them, in part because the May time is generally always a really nice time of the year to visit and the VIBES are always so positive for it. CBeebies looked like a great event this year and a lot of effort went in for what was originally a one week event (now returning) but it’s not really for everyone.

I can see next year having both Mardi Gras and CBeebies event pre summer, Oktoberfest, Scarefest and Fireworks post summer. Makes sense that they took out Mardi Gras to trial CBeebies, but now both are clearly successful both can stay.