• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Park Map

If they could have squeezed the Cloud Cuckoo Land box into that right corner, they could have spread Dark Forest to a more realistic gap, whilst promoting the gardens...

Shame...

It's actually grown on me a lot. Although I still think it's a tad lazy mashing two maps into one it does look really good and it can be used for navigation! Can't ask for too much more from a map.

:)

That is a photo of the "You are here" map on park, I will post some more photos of the paper maps later tonight, including the back of the map.

Also the paper map does feature a layout of CBeebies Land with a list of attractions:
1070059_624703190933462_1244530283_n.jpg

1981817_624703184266796_890200506_n.jpg

There are a few small bugs with the map that annoy me, although I do believe that it is one of the best recent maps.

Firstly, Spinball is so squashed that it is barely visible. This is due to, of course, The Smiler and CBeebies Land but they could've positioned it better to give it more space.

Secondly, Air has gone back to looking more like an inverted coaster than a flyer. This had always bugged me on the 2008-10 map style.

Also, Ice Age and Charlie have switched positions for some unknown reason.

Oblivion still faces the wrong way. This could've been easily fixed as there is plenty of space for it to fit.

Other than these issues, I firmly believe that it is a really good map. It's aesthetically pleasing yet can be easily used for navigation. :)

To be fair there is a decent chunk devoted to the gardens, and it's not like they're a priority in terms of being highlighted on the map.

Is it in a booklet style this year or is it just the way the photos have been taken?

It's nice to see the promotional side of things, especially the new shows, although I do feel that the having the rides listed on the front does clutter the map slightly.

It's all done in a nice style anyway!

The Park Maintenance Team, eh? Sounds interesting!

And er, good luck folding that back up! :p

Well they were called the Park Keepers last year. So there could be a slight change or it could just be a new name. They went round the park with a hammer/brushes etc and were rather amusing!

Rob said:
Well they were called the Park Keepers last year. So there could be a slight change or it could just be a new name. They went round the park with a hammer/brushes etc and were rather amusing!

Were they the ones in the little truck?

Tom.B said:
Rob said:

Were they the ones in the little truck?

Yes they were! I'd almost forgotten they had that!

Andrew said:
Is it in a booklet style this year or is it just the way the photos have been taken?

It's nice to see the promotional side of things, especially the new shows, although I do feel that the having the rides listed on the front does clutter the map slightly.

It's all done in a nice style anyway!

No it is not a booklet, just the way it is layed out and folded this year.

The park maps of recent years seem way too cluttered, this is a step in the right direction but i'd love to see a return to the late 90's style designs.

Not that I think many people use the map anyway.

Sorry to be a bit off-topic but was there ever a map that showed the chained oak? I can see it in my minds eye but that may have been a dream. Cheers :)

Laura said:
Sorry to be a bit off-topic but was there ever a map that showed the chained oak? I can see it in my minds eye but that may have been a dream. Cheers :)

If there was a map that showed the chained oak, I'm sure it would have been post 2000 (when Hex opened) or a season or two before, as a teaser for Hex, but I somehow doubt it!

James said:
The 2008 map shown the chained oak tree. :)

Is that what the thing is to the right of the towers? Other than that, I'm stumped as to where.