• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Park Map

CBeebies Land was always going to be massive. It's not actually as big as I was expecting. And to be fair CBeebie Land does take up more space than the farm did now that it also includes the area where the ice tent was.

:)

LiamC said:
I genuinely wish they would go back to the Habbo style ones! :)

Are you serious?

I remember as a kid, pouring over the Alton Towers maps and getting lost in them in my bed at night! The magic oozing from every corner of it, with stars bursting from random corners and a myriad of colour and excitement round every turn. The maps of old sold the Alton Towers 'magic' in a heartbeat. They were amazing.

The Habbo style from 2005-2007 symbolise everything rotten about the direction the park was taken in during those years - the last, dying years of Tussauds before Merlin took over. Nothing secret on those maps, nothing magic, nothing special. The 2005 version in particular made Alton Towers look thoroughly empty.

A horrid, horrid map which may well have been functional, but heaved the breath out of the park, much like Tussauds were doing themselves, with ill conceived installations like Rita, Charlie and the Dung Heap.

The new version is much better, and probably the best maps since the early 00s.

I hated the "Habbo" (AKA, "RCT2") maps as much as the next man, but dare I say it, as a navigation tool they were of more use than the toilet paper we've had for the last couple of years.

The new map is quite navigable with one exception, which is they have again made the valley too small so Rita looks like its next to Air.

If they sorted this out then all would be well.

Cant quite see to be sure, but it doesn't seem to promote the woodland walk like previous years.

I never seen many people using it anyway.

smudge said:
Cant quite see to be sure, but it doesn't seem to promote the woodland walk like previous years.

I don't think they have put the woodland walk on the map in years, they seem to encourage hotel guests to use the main entrance now, I assume to make it easier to manage ERT?

jon81uk said:
smudge said:

I don't think they have put the woodland walk on the map in years, they seem to encourage hotel guests to use the main entrance now, I assume to make it easier to manage ERT?

2012 did:
29o5x02.jpg

I am honestly the most disappointed with any piece of towers marketing I've ever seen. That map is just shocking!

It looks naff beyond belief. Two completely different styles of map have been shoved together with 50% of the rides shoehorned in. You can barely see sonic spinball!

Yes, you can navigate with it, but a park map is a visual representation of not just the layout of the park, but the quality of it. Its obvious to anyone this new "map" has been botched together. Someone in the marketing department has been cutting some serious corners. I'm surprised so many of you are so "ok" with this? Have our expectations really become that low? :S

Blizzard said:
I am honestly the most disappointed with any piece of towers marketing I've ever seen. That map is just shocking!

It looks naff beyond belief. Two completely different styles of map have been shoved together with 50% of the rides shoehorned in. You can barely see sonic spinball!

Yes, you can navigate with it, but a park map is a visual representation of not just the layout of the park, but the quality of it. Its obvious to anyone this new "map" has been botched together. Someone in the marketing department has been cutting some serious corners. I'm surprised so many of you are so "ok" with this? Have our expectations really become that low? :S

It has been 'Mediocrity Towers' for a while now...

It's possible that the map which we have seen may not be exactly the same as the one which will be on the gate map.

What I mean is, the image shared a couple of days ago doesn't look like it is a fully-sized fold out map that you'd get at the park entrance. Have you counted the folds? It could be taken from some other piece of marketing literature where they have decided to squeeze the map and the ride info onto one page. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that on the actual gate map the info will be on the back as usual and the actual map part will be enlarged?

Of course, I could just be talking absolute rubbish ;)

That's not the fold-out map for the theme park. It looks like the leaflets you get in nearby motorway services. I've got one from 2009 that looks similar to the one posted a few pages back. That's why it has panels on the map showing what's in each area. I would assume the main map will not have this.

Blizzard said:

Because even if it's cut and mix of two older maps it's better than the previous few years. No one is saying it's the best map we have ever seen but it's a massive improvement on the mess the last few seasons have had as their map.

I don't think it looks naff either, if you hadn't studied the maps of the past (ie everyone but geeks) you wouldn't know it's a mix of two previous styles.

Leek signs have posted some photos on Facebook (they do all of Towers non 3D signage) includes the park map with CBeebies. It's not easy to see but gives you an idea.

1476365_679394445436762_2020482737_n.jpg

Dave said:
Leek signs have posted some photos on Facebook (they do all of Towers non 3D signage) includes the park map with CBeebies. It's not easy to see but gives you an idea.

1476365_679394445436762_2020482737_n.jpg

Slightly off topic, but that sign board is one of the things I don't like about Mutiny Bay - too much bland brown paint!!

It does look like this will be the proper map for the year then.

That does look better than the version we saw previously, which I think must have been the service station leaflet version. Will be interesting to see whether CBeebies Land is covered up or not on the main paper maps at the start of the season.

:)

Alton Towersteally does need a map that is easier to navigate with though compared to Thorpe where you can see the whole park. This years does look like it is back to showing where things are a bit clearer but could still show the gardens better as people always think the walk is shorter from FV to DF than it actually is!

Well this is a vast improvement on last year.

What annoys me is that there's people on here who say that last years was too much of a pretty picture and it's not navigable enough, whereas now it's a lot more navigable, they're complaining it's not pretty enough.