• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Parque Warner Madrid: General Discussion

Promising Parque Warner news; the new coaster finally seems to be in the works! Permits have gone in, and Intamin staff have reportedly been sighted at Parque Warner:

Could the Intamin staff member be a stronger indicator of the rumoured Blitz Coaster?

Promising Parque Warner news; the new coaster finally seems to be in the works! Permits have gone in, and Intamin staff have reportedly been sighted at Parque Warner:

Could the Intamin staff member be a stronger indicator of the rumoured Blitz Coaster?

Very interesting and it's good to see. I think a blitz coaster wouldn't be a bad option looking at the parks current lineup and if it's rumoured and Intamin staff have been seen I see no reason for that not to be true but I suppose we will have to wait and see.

For what it's worth, construction walls have now gone up, and trees have begun coming down, on a site close to their Western area:

Exciting stuff, no?

I think that looks into the (largely unused) centre of the park, was thinking they would utilise the old Batman Knight Flight site, that has sat unused for 8 years or so at this point, surely.

Will be nice to see a new attraction there, it's overdue, no doubt about that.

I think that looks into the (largely unused) centre of the park, was thinking they would utilise the old Batman Knight Flight site, that has sat unused for 8 years or so at this point, surely.

Will be nice to see a new attraction there, it's overdue, no doubt about that.
What was Batman Knight Flight, out of interest? I thought the only Batman attractions they had were Batman La Fuga and Batman Adventure: The Ride (simulator)?

What was Batman Knight Flight, out of interest? I thought the only Batman attractions they had were Batman La Fuga and Batman Adventure: The Ride (simulator)?
I was meaning the simulator, it was called Knight Flight as I remember it

00188101.jpg

I was meaning the simulator, it was called Knight Flight as I remember it

00188101.jpg
Ah, my apologies; I think I was getting confused with the Australian version!

Also, it says earlier in the thread that that simulator was replaced by a Justice League interactive dark ride; did that ever happen, as no one ever reported it opening or even being announced?

The only RCCA coaster I've done was Bandit and it was nearly the worst ride I've ever done. If I get out to Madrid I've not got high hopes.

Bandit is better.

Coaster Express is not only uncomfortable and rough, but the biggest sin is that it's BORING.

Should've RMCd it. Or just burnt it to the ground.

The retrack will help but those trains have some umm ... 'limitations?'.

When it was new it was fairly smooth and much faster, so it was fairly thrilling despite the obvious shortcomings in its design. Some good forces, some real dead spots too.

Bandit is better.

Coaster Express is not only uncomfortable and rough, but the biggest sin is that it's BORING.

Should've RMCd it. Or just burnt it to the ground.

Oh no.

Oh dear oh dear.

I've got to ride it now. I'm awful and hate my own body clearly but now I'm intrigued.

I will agree though, the biggest sin for a coaster is boring.

You would have thought with it being their 20th birthday they would have done something big, I guess covid might have delayed plans. It’s just odd that they have this fairly decent park with some well themed rides and areas, but they’ve never really done anything to it or added anything new in 20 years.

You would have thought with it being their 20th birthday they would have done something big, I guess covid might have delayed plans. It’s just odd that they have this fairly decent park with some well themed rides and areas, but they’ve never really done anything to it or added anything new in 20 years.
They’ve got a new coaster of some description coming next year.

It does feel like the park is limping along. There’s certainly been a number of steps backydince its initial opening, with relatively little in the way of additions and improvements. Hopefully the new coaster marks a shift in fortunes as the bones of the park are excellent.

I really enjoyed my trip there last year, it’s a good park, with some great rides and it’s all very well maintained and tidy, especially when the majority of the park is 20 years old.