• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paulton's Park 2013: 4D cinema

Re: Paulton's Park 2013: unknown new development

Although I (And probably most other people on here) don't care about the 4D cinema. I must say I think the exterior building looks gorgeous! Paultons are on the up, their developments are very exciting at the moment! :D

This is the type of addition I'd hoped Merlin would make in their low investment years. A nice new decent attraction but with lots of basic park improvements to go along with it. It makes what before sounded like just another 4D cinema seem like a much more worth while attraction.

The thing I like about Paultons Park is that they seem to be in touch with their target market. Videos and things like this will get the kids far more excited than appealing to adults. After all its the adults that will get pestered to take them! The park is very cute and with it being just down the road from myself it does get a lot of attention around Hampshire! Thumbs up for another sound investment! :p

You can't not like that video, it's fantastic! Great to see the park interacting so well and from the video it looks like they are making some good investments. A 4D cinema may not seem that exciting but they are doing it well and the plans for the entrance area seem great. A massive thumbs up to them! It would be great if more parks in the UK did videos like that.

:)

From Paulton's Facebook:

396596_10151122216046603_413316344_n.jpg

"The new 4D cinema is taking shape! This snap was taken this afternoon *Like* if you are looking forward to visiting in 2013..."

This is clearly ten times higher quality than the new 4D at Towers. That's kinda sad. :(

Looks like Draytons - and although I prefer the seating (read: Far prefer, there is no comparison) at Drayton, Towers just feels so much more close nit whereas these ones seemingly look and feel like you're in an industrial estate - may as well have converted your local comet store to a 4d really!

Sam said:
This is clearly ten times higher quality than the new 4D at Towers. That's kinda sad. :(

I'd disagree. Purely looking at the seats, it would appear so. However the room isn't themed whatsoever and it looks pretty much like a generic 4D experience that can be found pretty much anywhere.

It isn't finished yet though, plus they can't really theme it as much as Ice Age as it's themed to a cinema so that they can update the film every so often without having to retheme the whole thing. It looks set to be a really great attraction and I think they should be proud of it and the other changes that they're making to the park, such as the new entrance and Jazz Street.

:)

From Paulton's Facebook:

483809_10151333435981603_416898199_n.jpg

"Our Red Carpet Premier event for the new Show Street 4D Cinema takes place tomorrow! Here is how you can follow all the action online from 9am:

Twitter - follow @paultonspark for live tweets...
Vine - follow @paultonspark for live short video clips...
Instagram - follow @paultonspark for beautiful images...
Pinterest - we will be pinning on our boards, search Pauttons Park

And of course there will be a round up of pictures right here on Facebook. We hope you can join us :0) PP"

Looks nice, good luck to them. :)

They've styled that so nicely. I love the art deco look!

I've only visited Paulton's once and that was quite a while ago, but it's a lovely little park. Good luck to them in this :)

Theme Parks - UK were at the premier of the new 4D cinema at Paulton's Park and have covered everything here.

Screamscape said:
2014 - Robin Hood 4D and More - (2/17/14) Robin Hood 4D, a new 4D theater film, will open at Paultons Park for the 2014 season. The park will also open a new Victorian double-decker carousel ride around Easter as well as the new Wildwoods restaurant.

Great!

UR2js6Q.jpg

Looks good! :)

Wasn't the Robin Hood 4D show previously at a Great Yarnmouth 4D cinema a few years back?

It was indeed - as far as I can remember anyway. Knowing Yarmouth Pleasure Beach it's probably still there now xD

Scott said:
It was indeed - as far as I can remember anyway. Knowing Yarmouth Pleasure Beach it's probably still there now xD

It isn't. Which is a shame, because it was perhaps the best 4D experience I've visited (on a par, certainly, with the experiences at Disney World, Europa and Madame Tussauds). However, I think may have been more down to the miniscule, compact theatre at Yarmouth which allowed for a more immersive experience and surprisingly advanced special effects.

I assume Paulton's cinema is a much larger affair? If so the show may be less impressive, but it's a solid 4D all the same. :)