• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

Great to see Paultons excelling again, this new Dino area sounds very exciting and if the theming scale of the area is anything like Critter Creek, it should be an amazing new area in the park.

Paulton's have really been stepping up these last few years, pulling off some incredible themes which wouldn't look out of place in one of the larger Theme Parks, if anything the theming is better. If the Lost Kingdom is anything to go by the concept art it will be a superb little land, I didn't realise they were adding other attractions as well as the two new coasters! I visited the Park as a kid and remember it being so picturesque, bright and cheerful, and with these latest additions they're on to a winner. Hopefully i'll visit again in the future!

It's reassuring to see older rides getting involved these new areas with a nice new theme. Shows that they're probably going to work their way around the entire park. I'd imagine the likes of Cobra and The Edge will be rethemed at some point.

Vekoma have released a 3D image of the new boomerang coaster. Very similar to Ben 10 at Drayton, however the final incline is opposite the first, as opposed to adjacent to it. :)

j5fpsi.jpg

I agree it all looks brilliant and everything, and I'm glad the park is excelling - but it seems poorly timed. The Jurassic World hype would have worked brilliantly for them; look at the kids' magazines next time you're at the supermarket, they all have dinosaurs plastered all over the front. I think they've missed the boat here.

Not to mention that dinosaur themed areas are a bit of a tired idea now. From Disney to Flamingo Land, dinosaurs have been done to death - there isn't much room for originality within that theme. Ah, well. I'm sure it'll be a good addition regardless.

If Dinosaur areas/rides have been done to death, why do parks still have Pirate/Wild West themed areas?

Dinosaurs will never go out of popularity, which is a much more key thing to consider when choosing a theme... Especially for a kids area...

That is very true, it's just that something more original would have been nice - simply to see how creative the park can be. At the end of the day, as stated, I'm sure it'll be both popular and financially successful for the park.

I went to Paultons a couple of weeks ago and I can't believe how big the land is. It easy to see that construction is really well underway. No sign of track on park though!

Track has arrived for Flight Of The Pretosaur

IMG_8689.JPG

IMG_1788_1.JPG

IMG_1800_1.JPG

IMG_8690.JPG

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_8694.JPG

Last edited:
Can't wait to see this area completed. I think it's the. Out exciting non merlin park addition we've seen for a long time.

Construction has started on the family inverted coaster, with the first few supports being erected today. :)

dmb8d3.jpg

Image credit to Vekoma.

Well, looks like the suspended family coaster has been completed, with the final track piece going into place today. :)

More pictures of the rockwork here:
https://paultonspark.co.uk/blog/2015/08/3869/lost-kingdom-site-taking-shape-august-2015

It’s not Phantasialand, but it feels like a break away from anything we’ve seen at a British park in recent years.

And more recently Coaster Force did a tour of the site, taking photos of the boomerang, which is also nearly finished:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153067408473639.1073741832.48452768638&type=3

Paultons have got a lot of these outdoor car style rides now, but I guess they’re cheap to maintain and run, and they don’t need a height restriction. The number of rides without a height restriction has been a major selling point for Paultons, and it seems to be working. Hopefully one day they’ll build an enclosed dark ride, but I’m happy to wait, as what they’re doing at the moment looks amazing.

The trains for the invert have been loaded onto the track and made a lap of the layout today.

aYcBMkG.png

w692gLe.png

8K1qcjM.png

Images credit to Vekoma Facebook page.

Last edited:
The Vekoma Family Boomerang coaster at Paulson's has had its track completed recently, with the first test train set to be sent around the track fairly soon.

bdw1PhX.png

Image credit to Vekoma Facebook page.