• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

The track layout for the family boomerang looks inferior to Ben 10, and I'd still like to see one of these with a second lift hill to give the ride a decent pace in reverse. I'm really looking forward to giving that SFC a go, although the throughput concerns me as a lot of them are limited to one train by design (the station is also the brake run). Always seems like a strange decision for a ride type that isn't necessarily small.

Last edited:
Paulton's have posted a teaser POV of the inverted family coaster 'Flight of the Pterosaur'.

There is a video on Vekoma's Facebook page of the family boomerang (Raptor) making its debut test run. Looks tame and slow, but that can be expected for a first run.

If they're all like Drayton's they're pretty tame and slow anyway, especially backwards, but then that's the point.

A preview POV has been posted on YouTube of "Raptor", the Vekoma boomerang coaster.

I've no idea why they're not posting the full POV... it's not as though the rest of the layout is a massive secret.

Rather sad really, isn't it?
Terribly.

The only reason for there to be cut out bits of a POV would be to build excitement for a "secret element", like how they did with The Smiler when everyone thought there'd be that washing machine element, even though it was just Towers tricking the geeks. For a relatively tiny a park as Paulton's, and with bog-standard layouts, this is unnecessary.

opening date announced: 17th May 2016!
link to constuction updates page: https://paultonspark.co.uk/lost-kin...- January 2016&dm_i=1UGI,3YV70,LWA8CE,EBO86,1
7h3qHXhQa4K2kQNqqomJT4eHpfSaBSIyRKD4DYKexgTYrSDnn23Q92djJmfPZOwURMqrmb0lS7hJGOdzh4_lZrptRjWdKjsZAcKBPEpgvrzhnH5vX3nxAflK3e7kPxLvZraTSuK52UuKSuZAl7o4wHrPHYusTmz-iZ5wc22VE9ziHWE-tEU0eUHdBlqu=s0-d-e1-ft

I can confirm that there will be an official meet to Paultons Park this year for TowersStreet, as part of our TS South meet.

More details to follow.

:)

Reactions: Ted
Paultons have uploaded the trailer for their 2016 new 4D film: The Lost World.

They had that at GYPB last year. These small 4D Cinemas really are awful. I guess kids love them though...

Paultons have released their new park map for 2016 featuring the Lost Kingdom! It seems that Raptor has been renamed to Velociraptor, which I think sounds much better.

CaXQ343WcAAm65M.jpg:large

I read somewhere the issue with the name 'Raptor' was because they did not want to be sued by Merlin for having the same name as 'Raptor' at Gardaland in Italy.