• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

Assuming that Paultons Park wants to carry on growing, there are only so many ways you can do that. You can raise your prices or encourage people to spend more inside the park. You can encourage people to visit from further afield and expand your catchment area. You can encourage people to visit more frequently, and perhaps upgrade to an annual pass. Or you can broaden your demographic.

It looks like they are trying to raise the upper age limit of their audience, but I agree that there’s room for another big family ride before they do that. Either a water ride or a dark ride seem like the obvious options. Perhaps they could kill two birds with one stone, and do something that has dark ride and water ride elements. Although that could be an expensive project.

How close are Paultons Park to running out of room for expansion? Once they reach the point where they haven’t got much space left, it might influence the kinds of attractions that they develop.

They have quite a lot of room for expansion near Cobra and The Edge. There's a huge big field that's empty and doing nothing. Could definitely fit a new area on there should they wish in the future.

Do they need a hotel? Currently probably not but if they aim to expand and become more of a resort then maybe they will need one soon.

I would love to see them take on a Dark ride / water ride like Valhalla as their next big major attraction. A pirate / Viking area would be pretty cool choice to go for too.

They have quite a lot of room for expansion near Cobra and The Edge. There's a huge big field that's empty and doing nothing. Could definitely fit a new area on there should they wish in the future.

I think they may be unable to develop that area due to planning restrictions. They had to retroactively apply for planning permission for Edge and Cobra but I think it's unlikely the National Park Authority will approve further development in that area.

I heard that they have planning permission issue's on that land as its not technically park land and that they needed a special permit to be able to build Cobra and Edge although I don't know if thats true?
Although if they managed to get special permission for cobra and edge they may well be able too for other rides in that area.
Edit: for the second time today someone has beat me too it. @NuttySquirrel beat me this time and in much more detail.

They've got a go kart track that could easily be removed, and the train seems to go round plenty of empty spaces.

Some blank plots of land between lost kingdom and the Cobra area, plus the travelling log flume they have.

Provided they've got the rights for a long time to come a Small Peppa Pig themed hotel would give them a license to print money.

The super simple designs of buildings in Peppa Pig would be the sort of thing Merlin would do for a hotel... and indeed are doing...
https://www.merlinentertainments.bi...standalone-peppa-pig-resort-in-sichuan-china/

I do think Paultons should look at a hotel soon, as it just seems like a safe bet that it would sell out all season. Just having the restaurant do a Peppa Pig buffet (no pork) with meet and greet characters would make a fortune.

I think they got a great deal going with the partnership hotels like the park know your gonna be eating lunch or dinner on site for 2 days in the park with drinks also while the hotel chains know they gonna be full for the whole school holidays and most weekends.

I'd like to see Paultons attempt a hotel although I'm not sure a peppa pig hotel would be the best idea. I think they'd want to be able to reach a broader audience with a hotel. I do think a hotel would be very successful for Paulton's.

I'd like to see Paultons attempt a hotel although I'm not sure a peppa pig hotel would be the best idea. I think they'd want to be able to reach a broader audience with a hotel. I do think a hotel would be very successful for Paulton's.

Doing something similar to Drayton Manor where there are some themed rooms (Thomas at DM) but the overall hotel isn't linked to one specific brand.

Doing something similar to Drayton Manor where there are some themed rooms (Thomas at DM) but the overall hotel isn't linked to one specific brand.
Yeah that could definitely work. Especially as they could have some lost kingdom dinosaur rooms as well as peppa pig rooms so that they are not relaying just on the peppa pig license.

Yeah that could definitely work. Especially as they could have some lost kingdom dinosaur rooms as well as peppa pig rooms so that they are not relaying just on the peppa pig license.
And some Tornado Springs themed rooms too, which would look ace! :)

A PP Hotel feels more like a Merlin answer, put some vinyls over a cheap hotel to add £100 on to the room rate.

Paultons, to date, have wanted to charge a premium for a superior product. A nice 3 or 4 star hotel, with some themed rooms, would be ideal. More Europa Park than Thorpe Park.

Just looking at the menus in Peppa Pig World, and the kids meals do include Ham sandwiches, or you can get Ham and Cheese pizza; so Paulton's clearly don't think kids are going to see the association.