• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

I don’t mind that as like u said she can go on more attractions where my son is really only allowed on Peppa pig rides and a few select rides around the park.
I think some of there rides are a bit OTT with the height restrictions/age restrictions across the park.
Height restrictions are usually set by the manufacturer, not the park.

I understand a height restriction but why have a minimum age as well?
It's not meaningfully enforced, they ask how old, you tell them what you want. Of course, I wouldn't recommend going on rides outside of the posted restrictions, but I see the age restriction as more of a guide based on what they expect kids to enjoy. The restraint doesn't know how old they are, if they are tall enough they are physically safe.

They must be the lowest height restrictions for the ride types out there?

The low height restrictions at Paultons is why we visited for 2 days last year. At the time my eldest hadn’t hit 1.2 and my youngest hadn’t hit 1.1. They were starting to tire of the kiddie rides at Drayton but weren’t tall enough for anything more than Accelerator. Paultons is like Alton Towers for little kids with the amount of coasters that are suitable for 1m+ and they’re decent coasters too for the most part. As well as having a good amount of flat rides. The log flume is good fun but very plain, I would love for them to build a new one with amazing theming at some point.

It’s a fantastic park, a little pricy for tickets but they clearly invest a lot into the park itself, with new rides on a regular basis and keeping the place looking spotless all the time. Looking forward to seeing what they do next after tornado springs.

Must be about time for me to make one of my biannual fawning Paultons posts.

Went on Friday, the park felt healthily busy but still walk on rides across the board outside of Peppa Pig.

The park was looking clean and fresh as ever, loads of new planting ongoing, logflume repainted and overhauled. Barely a thing out of place. Staggered opening which works really well and I have no problem with the way they do it. Noticed the turnstile staff on the late opening rides, so easy to see how this set up works for them. 100% advertised ride availability, bit of downtime for the carousel, they got it reopened near to close but it was pretty juddery and I expect it'll need fixing properly. Brilliant train driver gave a running commentary, a mixture of really investing stuff about the history and geography of the park, and some very funny nonsense like passing geese being baby velocaraptors 😆

Took my parents along for the first time, they were pretty blown away by the place and surprised of the extent of the park outside of Peppa Pig. That still seems to be one of their big challenges even with all of their recent investments being outside Peppa Pig World, getting the message out there about the scale of the rest of the park.

With the parents along to mind little one I was able to ride the bigger rides with my wife rather than alone taking turns, which was nice!

Daughter did Flight and Velociraptor, just scraping over the 1m height (and under the 4 year age (shhh)), she looked so tiny on them, its a wonder what they've done with those restraints. She loved them, certainly the gateway to more thrill, and she was later less enthralled by the Peppa Pig rides as a result.

Burritos for lunch, I think this is now my favourite eatery here, all made fresh to order, not cheap but substantial and delicious, really great chips.

My one negative, with my daughter being interested in both the bigger and smaller rides at the moment the day did not feel long enough. I don’t think it is possible to casually fit in the whole park and lunch on an off-peak day now. Appreciate it'll be a small minority with this problem though. Still a longer day than Towers though! 🤣

Development continues, with a not insignificant structure popping up behind the smaller kids play area in TornadoSprings, not sure if what this is is known or has been mentioned before? Another extension, or something backstage/infrastructure related? Didn't think to photograph it, seen in the top right and top left of the below...

20220325_134019.jpg

20220325_134015.jpg

Anyway, go to paultons and give them all your money.
Good spot - seems reasonable in size? Maybe a dark ride

Good spot - seems reasonable in size? Maybe a dark ride

Not sure about that, it's tall but not a huge square footage. I'm sure I recall some mention a while back about some infrastructure stuff going on in that area but I don't know, it seems like some potentially useful land to use up for that.

I don't mind paying a little over the odds if a park A) keeps everything looking fresh B) invests frequently into the place and C) Has amazing staff and customer service.

What I can't stand is paying more for less like at the big UK parks.

Just wish Paultons was closer to home. We'd definitely buy passes if it was.

Burritos for lunch, I think this is now my favourite eatery here, all made fresh to order, not cheap but substantial and delicious, really great chips.
I second this, the burritos are fantastic! I've not tried the food in Route 83 Diner yet but I'll likely be wanting to pick up a burrito again when I visit later this year.

Damn, thought I might get a soft opening last Friday, so close.

Looking at google Earth that building looks like it’s going in outside the park.
F8A1DC82-D2CF-4401-8D5F-D912628F76A5.png
Could be for maintenance.

I'm not sure if this is on top of whatever is on that grass, or the carpark above it. Either way it looks like there's a service road in the way so likely not going to be part of the park, unless that service road isn't necessary any more.

Damn, thought I might get a soft opening last Friday, so close.

I'm not sure if this is on top of whatever is on that grass, or the carpark above it. Either way it looks like there's a service road in the way so likely not going to be part of the park, unless that service road isn't necessary any more.

Could potentially mean they are re-locating a building within the park though to make room for the next investment.

Might be clutching there a bit though.

Could potentially mean they are re-locating a building within the park though to make room for the next investment.

Might be clutching there a bit though.
Well it's apparently their 40th anniversary in 2024, so maybe they're relocating a building in preparation for a major attraction to coincide with that?
Time will tell, though. 🙂