• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

Get those creepy models from the horrifying Wind in the Willows attraction out of storage and make a dark ride where young riders witness the climactic massacre of 1,000 weasels up close.
It's Paultons Park, not Thorpe Park!

Although I bet there are some kids out there who would love that!

So this kiddie coaster has been open whole hours now, and still no POV anywhere to be found. Disappointed in the whole community TBH.

Also, Paultons are spending considerable money to improve the park access roads including a roundabout at the entrance. I note they are not using this as an excuse to implement an inexcusable parking charge for improvements that never actually happen anyway.

So this kiddie coaster has been open whole hours now, and still no POV anywhere to be found. Disappointed in the whole community TBH.
Sorry but that really made me laugh, what the hell are all those vloggers doing that they've not found time to go to Paultons and ride their newest kiddie coaster? :laughing:

Also, Paultons are spending considerable money to improve the park access roads including a roundabout at the entrance. I note they are not using this as an excuse to implement an inexcusable parking charge for improvements that never actually happen anyway.

One of things I clocked when I went last October was just how awful it was getting out of the place. Multiple carpark exits (including the staff carpark) converging to one main exit. Just painful. That needs sorting out. Pity about the parking charge though, however I'm not terribly surprised.

Having read their latest accounts I can see this level of investment carrying on for a while yet.

They are highly profitable, have cash in the bank even after Covid. Don’t expect a world beating B&M but certainly I can see a maintained level of investment in good family thrill attractions.

Having read their latest accounts I can see this level of investment carrying on for a while yet.

They are highly profitable, have cash in the bank even after Covid. Don’t expect a world beating B&M but certainly I can see a maintained level of investment in good family thrill attractions.
They charge full price every day for adults, no 2for1 or other voucher gimmicks. Just a high but fair price. The annual pass is also set at a high price rather than encouraging repeat visits that make very little money for the park.
Basically have a good product and then charge the most you can get away with for it.

They charge full price every day for adults, no 2for1 or other voucher gimmicks. Just a high but fair price. The annual pass is also set at a high price rather than encouraging repeat visits that make very little money for the park.
Basically have a good product and then charge the most you can get away with for it.

People will always pay if the product is good. It's a good day out and families value that more than anything. If their kids enjoy it they will go again for sure.

This is what makes people so angry about Merlin. They have much deeper pockets but simply don't care about guests. All they see is £ signs walking around.

The level of detail on that kiddie coaster is phenomenal! Literally amazing!

I have looked at going before and as people have pointed out it is quite pricey HOWEVER you can see they invest back into the park and actually care about themeing.

I look forward to seeing more investment and defiantly agree they need a dark ride. I hope they do tread more into the thrill market too as I’d hazard a guess the new area has paid off!

The golden question with Paultons: have they built a proper queue or another awful cattlepen?

I know this might sound over-the-top on the face of it, but; could this possibly be one of the most heavily themed kiddie coasters in the world?

It looks to have a lot of theming, including some pretty big pieces for a kiddie coaster, and it looks phenomenally detailed throughout.

I know it sounds mildly hyperbolic to say that a park like Paultons could be home to one of the world’s most strongly themed kiddie coasters (not that I’m surprised, mind you; Tornado Springs is stunning!), but this looks very well-themed indeed for a ride of its size, and even Disney & Universal don’t tend to go overly overboard with their kiddie/family coaster theming. From memory, Barnstormer’s theme is quite basic beyond the big billboard, and even Flight of the Hippogriff, which is within The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, probably doesn’t have an awful lot more theming than Farmyard Flyer, if any, when considering its relative size compared to Farmyard Flyer. And those two are also bigger rides than Farmyard Flyer, so particularly when its size is considered, I think Farmyard Flyer could be up there.

Although in fairness, I think Octonauts (as it was directly mentioned) is pretty well themed for what it is, too.