• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

In fairness, it’s not technically the land that Cobra and Edge sit on, so technically speaking, you weren’t wrong…
Stop being nice Matt! Take the win, you were right I was wrong. But I still think there's a good chance there application gets denied. I suppose they've now got more power than they did previously, with Paulton's likely making up a significant proportion of the local economy, but I'm not sure the council is going to remove the land from it's current status without a fight.

Stop being nice Matt! Take the win, you were right I was wrong. But I still think there's a good chance there application gets denied. I suppose they've now got more power than they did previously, with Paulton's likely making up a significant proportion of the local economy, but I'm not sure the council is going to remove the land from it's current status without a fight.
Keep being nice Matt.

A little RMC would be a perfect fit for Paultons. I would say a woodie the size of White Lightning/ Heidi, but I’m not sure if locals would say that a woodie was causing too much noise. An RMC would be much quieter and it could even be Paultons’ first coaster to go upside down, whilst still maintaining a family friendly vibe.

I went on Twisted Colossus earlier this year and I’d actually class it as more of a family ride, and didn’t think it was particularly intense. It’s marketed as a thrill coaster, but I think that a similar style coaster could be easily marketed as a family ride.

A little RMC would be a perfect fit for Paultons. I would say a woodie the size of White Lightning/ Heidi, but I’m not sure if locals would say that a woodie was causing too much noise. An RMC would be much quieter and it could even be Paultons’ first coaster to go upside down, whilst still maintaining a family friendly vibe.

I went on Twisted Colossus earlier this year and I’d actually class it as more of a family ride, and didn’t think it was particularly intense. It’s marketed as a thrill coaster, but I think that a similar style coaster could be easily marketed as a family ride.
Yeah a family RMC would be a great fit! Heck, if Paulton's wanted a thrill coaster that older kids can ride, a Vekoma STC would also be a great fit.

Did we ride the same Twisted Colossus? That thing is an ejector machine, I got chucked around like a ragdoll! One of my favourite RMC's.

Tbh I'd be a bit disappointed if we finally get an RMC over here and it was a family model.

Oh wow; it seems that my idea might not have been so far fetched after all!

I don’t think that land looks to be coaster material, myself. I don’t know why, but I’m sensing a dark ride there. They already have Cobra as a potential headline coaster for any area built there, and it looks like the sort of plot that would be good for a dark ride.
If they are getting rid of the go kart track and using that spot too then that is a good spot of land for a decent sized family thrill coaster.

Interestingly, Paultons Park have now released a feedback survey asking guests what they would like to see in the park’s future: https://paultonsparknews.com/p/4QI7...qLgLWJYbvVT9PXr22kRHzhDw6HFGlqvHJTBedZH3uaRQo

The questions and options are quite wide-ranging, but some interesting things were listed, including “thrilling coasters for older children and adults” and “large white-knuckle rides”… could the park be eyeing up a diversification of their target demographic to encompass the thrillseeker market alongside the existing successful accommodation of the family market?

Good to see themed land options other than the generic tick boxers (space, pirates etc). An Australian outback concept would be interesting to see Paulton's have a stab at.

I've put down wanting to see a more thrilling coaster, family water rides and indoor rides; that would be a nice diverse bolster to the current line-up. In terms of the proposed areas, I've gone for transport (something steampunky here would be great), Australian outback and Hawaiian. Regardless of what route they go down next in terms of an area, I'm quite excited by the prospect of it. Feels strange saying that for a UK theme park.

I've also tipped The Edge to be removed.

It just makes sense. For such a well rounded park, my thoughts when leaving after my first visit were how complete it would be with a rapids, log flume and dark ride. From a coaster perspective, something with a bit of thrill feels like a natural progression for them now; a coaster that stands out as the transition step from junior to thrill. Chucking it indoors would also aid the indoor attraction gap; something akin to what BGW or PA are installing? I wouldn't be adverse to them putting Cobra indoors either.

The most urgent things I requested were an elaborately themed dark ride (tracked or trackless) and a replacement water ride for the log flume. I'd love to see a thrill coaster (preferably a fun and more universal Vekoma multi-looper like Fonix) as well and believe this should happen at some point after the above two attractions have materialized.

The country is needing a truly good dark ride, not including what's happen with Duel, but a newly built dark ride in this country is overdue and PP is honestly the only theme park in this country at this moment in time I'd be confident who can do a good job.

I wouldn't mind seeing them go for a looping coaster down the line though I will say that a dark ride is needed first.