• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

Does Paultons have height limits like most other parks do here? Would love to see a big RMC in this country if it is Paultons that are going to get it.

Paulton’s haven’t done a big coaster yet. Cobra, Velociraptor, and Storm Chaser are all around the 65ft mark so I’m not sure if a tall coaster would really be their thing, unlike Drayton who went big with both Shockwave and Apocalypse. I could see Paulton’s going for something low to the ground and twisty rather then big upwards. Even an Untamed style smaller RMC would be nearly double the height of anything they’ve done before.

IMG_7894.jpeg
Love this from Paultons, really hope the no fast track is here to stay.
Haha this is very transparent, they may as well have written:

FREE PARKING - unlike Merlin
Quick QR Entry - unlike Merlin
No fastrack needed - unlike Merlin
70+ attractions - that are actually operating, unlike Merlin

I'm actually surpised by the 70+ figure; not sure I can think of that many but whatever...

I'm actually surpised by the 70+ figure; not sure I can think of that many but whatever...

Coasterpedia lists 37 rides currently at the park. I’m guessing that Paulton’s must be including all the animals, play areas, and garden features in that list to bump up the figure to 70.

Still, it’s a fantastic park though. The compact size, lack of fast pass means, and the fact that Peppa Pig World draws many visitors away from other areas mean that it’s easy to have a great day on park.

Coasterpedia lists 37 rides currently at the park. I’m guessing that Paulton’s must be including all the animals, play areas, and garden features in that list to bump up the figure to 70.

Still, it’s a fantastic park though. The compact size, lack of fast pass means, and the fact that Peppa Pig World draws many visitors away from other areas mean that it’s easy to have a great day on park.
Yeah they do have quite a few animal exhibits, bit of a stretch to list each one as a separate attraction though. One may as well list each animal!

It is a great park, it's becoming a habit of mine to go at least once a year, usually in October because their Halloween decorations are really something. Just sitting tight for that RMC 🤣

Yeah they do have quite a few animal exhibits, bit of a stretch to list each one as a separate attraction though. One may as well list each animal!

It is a great park, it's becoming a habit of mine to go at least once a year, usually in October because their Halloween decorations are really something. Just sitting tight for that RMC 🤣
I think the 70+ was a direct dig at aton from a few years ago. They used that figure in marketing bumf about how many rides and attractions they had available to the public. May have been just after the smiler incident. When they had closed tones.

I think the 70+ was a direct dig at aton from a few years ago. They used that figure in marketing bumf about how many rides and attractions they had available to the public. May have been just after the smiler incident. When they had closed tones.
Yes it is definitely 70 rides (animals are mentioned separately).

1689947764278.png
I really can't work out how they've got that to that figure, I could only get to about 40 (which isn't bad tbf).

I'll let them off having a bit of a dig at Merlin though!

Maybe they are counting each of the coin op style rides you get in supermarkets, to be fair they are rides and are included!

Yes it is definitely 70 rides (animals are mentioned separately).

1689947764278.png
I really can't work out how they've got that to that figure, I could only get to about 40 (which isn't bad tbf).

I'll let them off having a bit of a dig at Merlin though!

If you count up everything listed in rides and everything in attractions on their website I got 66 rides & attractions. But there are only 38 rides on the rides page. So I think there is an error on the website, it shouldn't show 70 rides, but there probably is 70 rides AND attractions plus other bits.

Much as I enjoy Paultons and think it’s a great park for families, the question has to be asked, are we tainted a little because the general standard of theme parks in the UK is lower than in many other countries?

In other words, if Paultons operated in any of our neighbouring European countries, would it still be held in the same high regards as it is by enthusiasts now?

I feel like the praise Paultons gets is mainly “look how much better they do X than Merlin” and now that even the park are jumping on to that, it really did get me thinking about this.

If Paultons was on the continent it would be deemed as a decent enough family based park.

Much like it is in the UK. But that's not their fault that the Merlin parks are so badly operated.
I believe Coaster studios posted on Facebook that paultons park had really surprised him and he has a vlog coming soon, so will be interesting to see how a theme park critic who's been to so many parks around the world will think of the likes of Drayton manor and Paultons park.

It’s interesting that you mention Drayton Manor, because until very recently that park has been ridiculed and seen as even worse than Merlin. Good to see that it’s making positive changes, but they’ve still got a fair bit to do.

My point I’m making is that whilst Paultons is good, I feel that enthusiasts often rate the park more highly than it deserves to be rated, mostly because they’re comparing it against Merlin and BPB’s pretty substandard product.

I believe Coaster studios posted on Facebook that paultons park had really surprised him and he has a vlog coming soon, so will be interesting to see how a theme park critic who's been to so many parks around the world will think of the likes of Drayton manor and Paultons park.

He's American right?

A lot of the parks over there aren't particularly shining examples beyond having a plethora of coasters. Poor operations and atmospheres are fairly commonplace. He'll probably live it as its got a very family friendly feel in a similar vein to likes of Dollywood.

Again, putting someone's opinion on a pedestal just because they have a popular YouTube channel is not the way.

He's American right?

A lot of the parks over there aren't particularly shining examples beyond having a plethora of coasters. Poor operations and atmospheres are fairly commonplace. He'll probably live it as its got a very family friendly feel in a similar vein to likes of Dollywood.

Again, putting someone's opinion on a pedestal just because they have a popular YouTube channel is not the way.
He’s on his second “season” of a series called “coasting through Europe” and will have experienced more parks than most members of this forum. Let’s not discredit because he’s an American YouTuber