Paultons Park: General Discussion

Discussion in 'European Parks and Attractions' started by Maelstrom, 12th Jan 2015.

1. siralgenon

siralgenon TowersStreet Member

I'm so glad Paulton's are heading the way they are. They seem to be the only UK Theme Park that progresses and expands at the rate of the European Parks, good on 'em.

2. Lordy

Lordy TowersStreet Member

How the heck has this seemingly slipped under the radar...

Great to see them finally add something new to PPW, and this new zoo area is obviously gonna look great too.

Literally, Chessington/Merlin, are you watching this small independent park outdoing yourself year in year out?

Matt.GC and shawnoc like this.
  3. shawnoc

shawnoc TowersStreet Member

Sunny Brighton, When it wants to be!!!!!!
    Just goes to show what can be done when park owners actually care for their park. Looks good, that water trough does remind me of a rct water ride.

4. skyscraper

skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Went to Paultons Park for the first time last week, during a holiday to the Southampton area, and really liked it. the bigger coasters (Cobra, Velociraptor and Flight of the Terrasaur) were great, and the park's cleanliness was outstanding. only issue is that it is very expensive for a family park, and they don't do a carer discount (I'm disabled), so we ended up buying a family-of-4 ticket at £123! :eek:. Overall, great park, great rides, but very expensive!
    Would definitely visit again, though.

Last edited: 20th Aug 2017
    Rojo likes this.
  5. Ted

Ted TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Paultons is definitely not expensive when you compare it to the Merlin parks. If you book in advance it's about no more than £30 for an adult IIRC.

6. skyscraper

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    we couldn't book online as we didn't know which day of the holiday we would visit on (weather dependent).
    £30 for an adult is still expensive for a large-ish family park like Paultons.

7. Ted

Ted TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    First part is fair enough, don't blame you for that. Second part though is when you compare it to the likes of Legoland and Chessie, £30 seems like a bargain considering those two parks are around £50 and arguably worse.

skyscraper likes this.
  8. Maelstrom

Maelstrom TowersStreet Member

Not sure how a family of 4 ticket was £180 as according to the website it's £123 on the gate (£105 online).

Drayton offer one of the best prices family tickets out of the major uk parks at £80 for four.

Also while on the gate prices at merlin are more, online prices aren't to different an online adult price for chessongton is £29 compared to £27.50 for Paultons so not massively different when buying in advance.

9. IanSR

IanSR TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Smiler
    Blimey have their prices gone up? I swear we got two days + a night in a local 'hotel' this time last year for a penny shy of £180 (booked in advance obv).

10. skyscraper

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    My gosh, yeah i think i got the price wrong, and i put £180 on my Tripadvisor review, which can't be edited :eek::oops:.
    I have no idea where i got £180 from.
    *face-palm*

EDIT: I have submitted an edit/removal request on Tripadvisor. Thankfully my review hasn't actually been posted yet; it's still pending. Hopefully they'll get my request before they post it.
    (I have edited my first post as well)
    *Huge sigh of relief*

EDIT: They removed it a few days ago and i re-posted it with the correct price.
    *Even bigger sigh of relief*

Last edited: 24th Aug 2017
    Ted likes this.
  11. Spark

Spark TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    I to have recently visited this park. We like Skyscraper went for a week down that way and was not sure which day was going to be best.

You can book online and buy your tickets which are valid for the rest of the season at the discounted rate which we found helpful.

Spend most of the day in PP world which is great for the little ones, and the meet and greet is nice too. My little one loved it.

The new Water ride was taking shape in PP world along with what looks like a sort of monorail too. The park was clean and wasnt overly expensive, we took packup as we knew it wouldnt be cheap cheap.

Didnt get to go on the rides but it was a nice place to visit, would like to go back and try the rest though

skyscraper likes this.
  12. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Paultons Park have confirmed that they are to expand Peppa Pig World in 2018:

[​IMG]

This will prove very popular no doubt.

:)

Spark, Mi-Nigle and skyscraper like this.
  13. Spark

Spark TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    From that artwork it doesnt look like a pirate island outcome

14. Matt.GC

Matt.GC TowersStreet Member

Both attractions seem to compliment the area perfectly. I completely understand why they would want to expand this highly successful area of the park, but I hope they continue to invest in more attractions and areas like the excellent Lost Kingdom as well.

I can see why the park are riding on the success of PPW, but I hope they're using it to expand the park offerings in general rather than letting this area dominate it (like it currently does in the marketing). I really want to see this park continue to develop in other ways as well, which so far it seems to be.

MaxPower and skyscraper like this.
  15. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Does anyone know anything more about Little Africa, the new animal area apparently opening this year? Is it just animals, or will it have some small rides in it as well to make it a full-size themed area? Whatever it is, it looks as though Paultons is now trying to one-up Chessington in the animal sector!

In general, I'm just really happy for Paultons. Their recent investments seem to have gone down swimmingly with the GP and enthusiasts alike, their guest figures are now well above 1 million (presumably) and they're gradually becoming more well-known amongst the British public. I really look forward to seeing Paultons grow and flourish over the next 5-10 years, and I think they are a good example of how you don't need huge amounts of visitors or money to pull off something wonderful. I reckon that a nice family woodie from GCI or GG would go down a storm at Paultons. Pair it with some Lost Kingdom-quality theming and Paultons have themselves a winner!
    P.S. Bear in mind this is from a non-visitor's perspective.

16. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    Paulton's will continue to flourish for a good few years.
    .... Right up to the point when Merlin decide they are a threat, and buy them out with an offer the current owners can't refuse. Then within five years the park will be just as borked as Chessington.

MaxPower, Matt N, IanSR and 1 other person like this.
  17. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

The only thing Paultons is really crying out for is a decent water ride. If they could build one entwined with a thrill end family thrill coaster the place would basically be perfect.

Matt N, IanSR and skyscraper like this.
  18. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    Something on the scale of the rapids at Toverland would suit them well.

skyscraper likes this.
  19. Lordy

Lordy TowersStreet Member

I would imagine its only a matter of time before their travelling Log Flume is replaced something of a much higher standard.

skyscraper likes this.
  20. Dar

Dar TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    I know I say this every time a water ride is mentioned, but I wonder if a River Quest type ride would work for them? Small footprint, layout can be adjusted to not have such massive drops, and it's good old fashioned fun!

skyscraper likes this.