• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

The only negative thing I have to say about this is that they could have gone for something unique as Drayton already have Ben 10. However, from Paultons' perspective, this is a fantastic addition! It makes this small decent little family park added good family attractions, but aiming towards the higher end of the spectrum towards thrill. Actually quite looking forward to this!

Well done Paultons!!

Another independent park showing that family coasters can be of high quality!

Also, @Maelstrom that little mag has tons of great info in it!!

I thought Vekoma were doing nothing, but they're clearly busy! So much thread fodder in that magazine!

Nah, there'd be no point in Towers getting a clone of something Drayton has. Besides, a park like Alton should not be buying "off the shelf" coasters.
But for Paultons this should work nicely.

A nice addition for Paultons Park, I'd imagine it will fit in really well. I've not been since I was a kid but I'm really impress with how they've managed the park in recent years, they seem to be making a real success of it. Need to plan a trip there soon, least not to ride Cobra!

:)

Apparently this is due for 2016 :(

Also, it's not a clone of Ben 10 at Drayton, so it is slightly unique...

Apparently this is due for 2016 :(

Also, it's not a clone of Ben 10 at Drayton, so it is slightly unique...

Yes it says it's a custom.

Not been able to locate any layout. Shame it's for 2016, articles suggested '15

Paulton's is the best run park in the UK. Thoughtful, logical, imaginative additions despite the limitations of being such a small park.

From Coasterforce:
Family theme park Paultons Park are set to spend £8m on a new heavily themed scheduled to open Easter 2016.

The new four acre area - The Lost Kingdom - will be situated between the gardens and the Magama ride. Themed to dinosauars, the new area will contain several attractions and include animatraonic dinosaurs, character meet-and-greets and food outlets.

The thrill seeker highlight of The Lost Kingdom will be not one but TWO new rollercoasters. Raptor is a custom Family Boomerang coaster. Flight of the Pterosaur is Suspended Family Coaster also from Vekoma. Both coasters will be heavily themed with tunnels and foot/headchoppers.

This new land compliments the popular Peppa Pig World and the new-for-2015 Critter's Creek area which features a remodelled rollercoaster, a new track ride and an animal walkthrough.

When The Lost Kingdom opens in 2016, it will be the first UK theme park in 24 years to open two brand new coasters at the same time.

paultons2016coasters.jpg

Looks like two very good additions to me.

It's fantastic to see Paultons investing in two coasters, they have always been my favourite family park (far superior to Legoland) but hopefully this will really put them on the map!

If that is true, then it is incredible for a park the size of Paultons to add 2 coasters like that to their park! I'd even be buzzed if this was Towers, but considering Paultons is an up and coming park with so much potential, I can't wait!

Looking forward to the Lost Kingdom in general as well. I hope it's like UG Land as I loved that when it was at Alton.

Those new family Vekomas are supposed to be brilliant!!

These two additions WILL get me there!

FABULOUS!

UP YOURS MERLIN!

Edit: also note my comments in the "Best Coaster Manufacturer" thread... that Vekoma were very quiet...

Last edited:
As somebody who had grown up visiting the park since the late 1990s, it's no struggle to say that Paultons is a lovely little family park that deserves the well needed themed expansions. The park's had a bit of a limbo experience regarding theming recently, it had parts that were well themed for their intended target markets (Magma and Peppa Pig) but everywhere else was just subtle and scant like a loosely themed name, so the new areas are truly welcomed. In fact, the properly themed rides/attractions never really kicked off until Magma back in 2012!

Last edited:
Already knew about the Family Boomerang, but an SFC as well? Lovely; I've wanted to try a bigger one ever since riding Movie Park Germany's tiny example. If companies like Vekoma and Gerstlauer could make thrill hardware to the same standard as their family coasters the top end of the market would be much more heavily contested.

Wow if this is indeed true then what a brilliant and refreshing investment. Paultons Park are becoming the best park in the UK for younger families, no question about that!

Really am pleased about this, Paultons has been run so well in the last few years it seems. I have not been since I was a kid and that shall have to change soon!

:)