• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: General Discussion

I went to Paultons Park today. Cyclonator and Storm Chaser are both awesome! Much better than I was expecting.

The theming is also outstanding! They just need to bring the rest of the park up to that same standard *glares at Cobra*

I'm trying to think what they could do with that area. I wouldn't want to remove the volcano theming on Magma as I think it looks really good and it's Paultons' first proper attempt at non-IP theming.
I think Magma would work well in Lost Kingdom but I don't think there is any space for it unless they extend the land down to Magma which I'm not sure would work.
Dealing with Cobra and Edge, I am imagining a trip to the sea side, the Edge becomes surfing the waves, Cobra becomes a pleasure beach ride with suitable 80s nostalgia music (actually you can probably come up with something better than that). The large area in front of and to the side of Edge could house a beach like Amity Beach at Thorpe Park with a paddling pool, slides, deckchairs and a kiosks serving drinks and (non-alcoholic) cocktails.
There are a few other non-themed areas they could do after that, the back of the park with the Pirate Ship, Kontiki and a few other flats and that bit at the front of the park with the log flume, chairswing and kiddie rides.
Edit: just thought, if we are going for a seaside theme then Cobra could be rethemed to Seagulls.

Last edited:
I’d love to see Cobra’s track painted black with sandy brown coloured supports, then the station and queue turned into a cave/rocky area. Keep the snake idea, but just make it more obvious with the theme. This could then work quite well with Magma next to it, and I’m sure they’d think of something to do with Edge that would bring the themes closer together...

I personally find Mega Disko Coasters to be really tedious rides, so I wouldn’t even be bothered if they decided to remove it (although I’m sure they won’t!).

Speaking of Edge - it’s currently closed because the motor is dead. They’re waiting on a new part from the manufacturer, so it’s expected to be open again in June.

Definitely the area around Cobra and the Edge, think they've hinted at that in the past.

I think a more permanent water ride would be good, maybe even have it wrapping round the high parts of Cobra. And if the Cyclonator is the success they want maybe another more thrilling flat ride.

The area around the log flume, as well as the log flume itself definitely needs attention. At the moment the parks is in the transition phase and, when you walk out of Lost kingdom and see the log flume, the contrast is so noticeable. The same now, when only a few feet out of Tornado Springs, you see the rather old and unthemed Teacups and Kontiki rides.

If the park carry on the way they’re going, we will eventually have the best themed, most aesthetically pleasing theme park in the U.K., but it will be a gradual process. Paultons are a very sensible park when it comes to investment.

I’ve got an idea for Paultons’ next major roller coaster, when the time comes.

RMC today announced that they are delving into family roller coasters, with the new Family Hybrid Coaster model, using IBox Track: https://www.rockymtnconstruction.com/family-hybrid-coasters/

Now am I being overly opportunistic, or does this literally have Paultons written all over it? To me, this seems like it would arguably be a perfect fit for the park; they’ve expressed desire to build a wooden coaster of some sort, and the IBox Track would differentiate it substantially from any other ride in the UK! Not to mention that it would give us enthusiasts a much craved UK RMC!

What are your thoughts?

I’ve got an idea for Paultons’ next major roller coaster, when the time comes.

RMC today announced that they are delving into family roller coasters, with the new Family Hybrid Coaster model, using IBox Track: https://www.rockymtnconstruction.com/family-hybrid-coasters/

Now am I being overly opportunistic, or does this literally have Paultons written all over it? To me, this seems like it would arguably be a perfect fit for the park; they’ve expressed desire to build a wooden coaster of some sort, and the IBox Track would differentiate it substantially from any other ride in the UK! Not to mention that it would give us enthusiasts a much craved UK RMC!

What are your thoughts?
I'd love to see something like this at Paultons! I don't think they're likely to go down an intense coaster route any time soon (and they don't need to frankly), but this sort of thing would fit perfectly and be a few steps above what they currently have in the way of thrilling attractions. It'd be great to have one of these around the Cobra area, and spruce that part of the park up while they're at it. :)

Sounds great, but is this just for the enthusiasts or general public?

Paultons have so many coasters now, when is enough? Surely a dark ride and water ride is next on the cards.

Maybe they could add a dark or water ride as supplementary to a coaster for their next project, thought to be near Cobra/The Edge? A dark ride especially might work well there, what with the known planning struggles in that section of the park.

Paultons have so many coasters now, when is enough?
They have 6... and 2 of which are Zierer Tivoli models, leaving just 4 of any particular substance, none of which I'd class as any more than a low-end family thrill coaster. This could be good for them if that's the route they were going down. However, I agree that a better water ride than their current log flume would suit the park well, as would a medium-sized dark ride, now they've shown they're capable of high quality theming. :)

They have 6... and 2 of which are Zierer Tivoli models, leaving just 4 of any particular substance, none of which I'd class as any more than a low-end family thrill coaster. This could be good for them if that's the route they were going down. However, I agree that a better water ride than their current log flume would suit the park well, as would a medium-sized dark ride, now they've shown they're capable of high quality theming. :)

A dark ride would also help for wet weather I guess.

Even something like Drayton Manors shootout, small but fun and well themed would work I expect.

A dark ride would also help for wet weather I guess.

Even something like Drayton Manors shootout, small but fun and well themed would work I expect.

I'd tarther they aimed at a Maus au Chocolat than anything from Drayton.

I wonder if Maus is fully clonable? Paultons have shown they are willing to pay the right price for quality.

It depends if you think Maus au Chocolat is quality.

For me I tend to avoid it at Phantasialand as it's just screens and an RSI by the end.

Maus is probably an expensive ride system, Disney use the same one for Toy Story Midway Mania at DLR/WDW/TDR - something a little simpler would probably do Paultons Park. We know how easy it is to fritter money away on dark rides that don't even end up being that amazing.

:p

Is the 2nd phase of Tornado Springs just another coaster or do we think they'll be adding anything else?

I would say Maus is good quality in general, but as you say both that and Toy Story Mania suffer from being a bit repetitive and featuring a lot of screens. But Disney has a lot of dark rides with physical sets anyway so one with all screens isn’t too bad. Whereas for a first (I assume I’ve not been to Paultons) dark ride I think physical sets would be the better option, or a smart mixture.