• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Paultons Park: Super Fans Day - 18/05/24

I just realised I've barely posted in here since originally making the topic, haha.

As I have a work commitment, Cheese and I will be on park from 4:30pm at the latest. It's a shame but we'll have time to get Cobra and maybe one or two other rides done before heading to the Route 83 Diner. You'll recognise me by my looovely purple crutches.

I just realised I've barely posted in here since originally making the topic, haha.

As I have a work commitment, Cheese and I will be on park from 4:30pm at the latest. It's a shame but we'll have time to get Cobra and maybe one or two other rides done before heading to the Route 83 Diner. You'll recognise me by my looovely purple crutches.
Ah nice! Just look out for a tall, slim bloke in a blue Ice Age 4D coat and that's me lol 😛

Me and my best friend will be there- probably wearing matching dungarees. Would be cool to meet people from the forum if we happen to run into each other!

Thorpe. A significant lack of geese there, sadly.
I’ve seen sleepy swans there by swarm. Wonder if they chase the geese away?

Erm swiftly back on topic - looks like you all had an interesting day and found out a load of goss… maybe paultons will be worth another visit in a couple of years

Could anyone that attended be so kind to do a little recap of the day please and especially what was said (and shown) in the presentation?

Last edited:
Could anyone that attended be so kind to do a little recap of the day please and especially what was said (and shown) in the presentation?
The park itself was on the quiet side, until just after lunchtime when it seemed to get slightly busier. We had complimentary entry, and it was the first time I'd visited since I was a gosling.

We came across a very well presented, very small, park aimed at young families. I was incredibly surprised to see most of the rides running with one op, sometimes two, including some of the larger ones. Throughout was slow, in terms of technical numbers, but the spread of visitors meant that no queue really reached about 15 mins. The short ride length helps, of course.

At 1715 we registered at the diner in Tornado Springs and split off into groups to go and see some behind the scenes stuff of a ride of our choice. We chose the Flight of the Pterosaur, having seen the size of the other two groups, but accidentally ended up with lots of vloggers around us filming content. I get it, vloggers gotta vlog, but it did get a little annoying for those who were present in the moment and trying to enjoy the experience.

We got to walk around the station freely, the last helix and up to (but not on) the lift hill. We got to go into the ops booth and ask an engineer, who was on hand, lots and lots of nerdy questions about things like wheel compounds and, hypothetically, he thought an inverted coaster could develop a rattle.

At 1800 extra evening ride time opened up in Tornado Springs, with everything running. Rides were had. I hate yous were screamed at partners who made the other do gyro swings. The usual.

1900 was a buffet dinner. It was beige. It was incredibly salty. The drinks were not complimentary. Conspiracy hat on, I don't think this was entirely a coincidence. Was a little sad to not see any salad, or vegetarian, or anything that wasn't deep fried, or even free water being handed out easily. Only slight downside to the event; but catering can be tricky at the best of times.

At 1930 we sat down for a presentation and a sneaky peak of what was to come. We were held up a little, because they wanted to ensure that UK Vlogger of the Year was in attendance, as he'd snuck an extra ride on Storm Chaser, and so had to wait until he was in attendance.

Our hosts went over a little of Paulton's history, what its values are and missions. Where it's been, how it sees itself. Some bits and bobs about green investment. How they've realised that they need to cater for the kids who grow up with Pepper, and keep them coming back to the park for as long as possible.

We were shown a short video for the new ride for 2025, Ghostly Manor, and a small presentation video. Incidentally, when we were leaving the site of the old 4D Cinema had ghostly sounds coming from it. Exactly ride and model are to be confirmed at IAPPA.

The inverted Vikings clip was then shown.

They refused to answer any questions about any sort of wooden coaster coming to Paulton's. There was then a brief q&a. Shout out to @Rowe, but not much insight from there (not Rowe's fault).

The silent disco then kicked up, but we decided to leave. It had been a long day, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I did spy two people in matching dungarees as we were leaving though @sock, but I was a little too tired to say hello and they appeared to want to leave and go home too. I'd have been a little more sociable with people, but my other half was struggling a little with the amount of cameras around.

Great day, thanks for the invite, must do it again sometime. I'd suggest mine, but I don't have any rollercoasters.

🪿

Thank you so much for the invite - we had such a good afternoon and evening! Their pride and passion shone through in the presentation (and a great audience too - great atmosphere). I just wish we had a few more details for 2026!!!!!! #cliffhanger

I had a really great time! I will also write up some stuff tomorrow, but it was one of the best theme park days I've ever had. I really liked the atmosphere at Paultons, it was a very pleasant day out for sure. It was nice to see people from the forum too (we were also tired and rushing out so no worries about not saying hi Goose!). They also provided gluten free food for me and my +1 which was really nice for a free event. Can't wait to see what they do with the inverted coaster, viking area?, and the ghost ride being a rotating platform shooter ride.

Huge thank you to Paultons for hosting a truly brilliant event; it went without a hitch, the staff were absolutely on point and the new ride is just adorable (surprisingly big splash too - that's even after being toned down!) the landscaping team always produce the highest quality results - it makes a big difference when an attraction is fully immersed in lush, already matured landscaping! Another charming, well considered project from Paulton's, just adorable.

Others have mentioned details of the announcements so I won't go over it all again but I will say that I have high expectations for both new projects! It'll be really interesting to see how Paultons translate their eye for detail to an indoor attraction; they've really nailed the harmony between outdoor theming pieces & complimentary landscaping... but indoors will be reliant on theming alone. As for the new Vikings project... it feels feasible they are teasing their first inversion... and using a graphic showing a steel logo being held by a wooden frame? I guess we'll have to wait and see how big a teaser that was! 😂 I had hoped something a little more whimsical & unique would be chosen for a new area, however, it's a solid choice and you just know it's going to be visually excellent!

The engineers were faultless during the backstage tour (I did Storm Chaser) answering questions with enthusiasm, humour & extensive knowledge (I now know what a Wampfler is 😂 I'm sure there are many here who already knew! Such a great word!) & the ride ops were having real fun with ERT! Created a top atmosphere 😊 Something that sings throughout the park is just how much they care... about everything.

It makes me happy to see all the amazing feedback across social media - especially from those who have never visted before; Paultons is my home park & one I've visited since I was a very small BooMT... to watch it evolve and flourish in the way it has, without losing the special, personal quality that sets it apart has been a real privilege.

It was equally amazing to finally meet some of my fellow forum members, all of which were really lovely! Hope you had the best time 😊