• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

People using incorrect ride names for rides.(post your examples here)

Just because you disagree with what people are saying doesn't mean you have to be rude about it. This is a discussion forum and by its very nature it will include discussion on things you may think are silly or disagree with.

The first post you made was a Wardley joke, this one was just being antagonising. Less of it please :)

I'm sorry, but this topic is beyond ridiculous, and so is the level of anger being directed at what members of the General Public call rides. Now if it was your wife/husband/mother, and people were constantly getting the name wrong - yes, that would be an acceptable reason to get so angry about it. The way I see it posts like

When people call Inferno 'Nemmie'. NO. WE DO NOT GIVE INFERNO AFFECTIONATE NICKNAMES. It is Inferno or Inferior. Nemmie is for Nemesis.

Are far more antagonistic than what I wrote. It's almost like verbal abuse. Having said that, I do apologise if my posts appeared to be abusive, that wasn't my aim. I wanted to express exasperation and that failed, I'll be more careful in the future to make sure my posts are worded better.

YDNTKMN

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, but this topic is beyond ridiculous, and so is the level of anger being directed at what members of the General Public call rides. Now if it was your wife/husband/mother, and people were constantly getting the name wrong - yes, that would be an acceptable reason to get so angry about it. The way I see it posts like

Are far more antagonistic than what I wrote. It's almost like verbal abuse.

It's just a joke. There is no need to be offended, this is a silly topic and its not meant to be taken seriously. No one hates anyone for getting ride names wrong, so don't worry about it.

It's just a joke. There is no need to be offended, this is a silly topic and its not meant to be taken seriously. No one hates anyone for getting ride names wrong, so don't worry about it.

I edited my post seconds before you posted to clarify myself :D

I'm sorry, but this topic is beyond ridiculous, and so is the level of anger being directed at what members of the General Public call rides. Now if it was your wife/husband/mother, and people were constantly getting the name wrong - yes, that would be an acceptable reason to get so angry about it.

Who is angry? The topic is simply 'People using incorrect ride names', not 'What makes you murderous with rage'. We're simply posting little things that annoy us, as enthusiasts. You're bound to get similar topics with other enthusiast communities regardless of the subject. Nobody's angry.

I also don't buy your excuse of 'level of angry being directed at what members of the General Public call rides'. You immediately posted your 'get a life' replies directly after I posted, and having re-read what I said in case it comes across like I'm turning into the Hulk, I've concluded that what I said does not come across in any way as antagonistic. You're simply saying this to wind people up.

I also don't understand how you pick Tarin's post as an example of 'verbal abuse' when she's clearly not aiming it at anyone, whereas your frequent 'get a life' comments are clearly aimed at people here, namely me.

Who is angry? The topic is simply 'People using incorrect ride names', not 'What makes you murderous with rage'. We're simply posting little things that annoy us, as enthusiasts. You're bound to get similar topics with other enthusiast communities regardless of the subject. Nobody's angry.

I also don't buy your excuse of 'level of angry being directed at what members of the General Public call rides'. You immediately posted your 'get a life' replies directly after I posted, and having re-read what I said in case it comes across like I'm turning into the Hulk, I've concluded that what I said does not come across in any way as antagonistic. You're simply saying this to wind people up.

I also don't understand how you pick Tarin's post as an example of 'verbal abuse' when she's clearly not aiming it at anyone, whereas your frequent 'get a life' comments are clearly aimed at people here, namely me.

Have you quite finished?

I think this is a case of somebody trying to be funny with a keyboard. There is nothing wrong with the first joke apart from its couple of years old and be done better before. However the second one is just outright rude and offensive (even if it wasn't aimed that way). To be fare the YDKMN, he did eventually change his post and apologise.

But unfortunately kid you may now be aimed by people who did take offence, so just take it on the chin and learn form the experience. Old jokes repeated are never as funny as you intend them to be.

I think this is a case of somebody trying to be funny with a keyboard. There is nothing wrong with the first joke apart from its couple of years old and be done better before. However the second one is just outright rude and offensive (even if it wasn't aimed that way). To be fare the YDKMN, he did eventually change his post and apologise.

But unfortunately kid you may now be aimed by people who did take offence, so just take it on the chin and learn form the experience. Old jokes repeated are never as funny as you intend them to be.

I'm not taking anything on the chin. People are too uptight and self righteous to accept an apology and an explanation, then that is their problem.

I see no apology for accusing me of being abusive, when I was stating something that people do, and you were (and still are) making derogatory comments.

Last edited:
I am a theme park enthusiast and as such I see this as part of my 'life'. I therefore notice when people use ride names incorrectly. I probably use the names of other things incorrectly and other people in the know notice. Like when I called architrave 'door trim' and annoyed my builder.

You're either a troll or deliberately seeking out things that irritate you, like people who are passionate about things you couldn't care less about. I suggest you either quickly earn yourself a ban or join a forum that meets your particular interests and passions, or at the very least learn some self-restraint when choosing forum topics to read.

This is a forum where coaster nerds should be free to discuss and share stories from their theme park experiences, safe from people making derogatory comments about our choice of hobby.

It'd be good if you could just tone down your posts YDNTKMN, there's absolutely no need to be as aggressive as you have been in this thread. It's coming across as a bit "trollish" if you know what I mean.

Are far more antagonistic than what I wrote. It's almost like verbal abuse. Having said that, I do apologise if my posts appeared to be abusive, that wasn't my aim. I wanted to express exasperation and that failed, I'll be more careful in the future to make sure my posts are worded better.

YDNTKMN

I'm not taking anything on the chin. People are too uptight and self righteous to accept an apology and an explanation, then that is their problem.

Calm down. If you don't like topics like this, then you don't have to look at them. But you are being incredibly rude.

Most forums have similar topics to this. For example, the Ghostbusters prop building forum I recently joined has a thread challed "dumb things people have said to you when you are in costume". It's natural for any collection of like minded enthusiasts to mock those who do not understand their chosen field of geekery.

At least, unlike [some] football fans, we don't lable people who are not interested in our hobby as "gay".