• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand 2014: Chiapas

Re: Phantasialand

I have had a good read of some German news articles and it looks like the map Sam posted was for the proposed 30 hectares but they have only been given 19. If I have read the article correctly they won't be using the green area but will expand into the pink areas, which is still a massive expansion, the size of 26 football pitches.

Expect plans this Autumn!

Surely they're going to expand onto the new areas slowly over several decades, rather than use up all their space in one go?

Unless we could be seeing a second park in the pink area on the left...?

I would be surprised if they buy Mack - they just don't do Mack at Phantasialand.

I am delighted about the expansion possibilties - it's vital for the park, it really is!

:D

Sam said:
1.jpg

Current park in orange, new land in pink and green. :)

Well, as much as I hate to be the one to poop the party, I don't think the green area is happening. "Fällt weg" means that it's been cancelled.

Either way, I'm sure they can still do a lot with the new space! After hearing reports of how amazing it was, I was pretty disappointed to find a big hole in the middle of it all when I visited this year!

The original plan was to get the green and the pink area, but this seems to be impossible.
So now they talk about only the pink area ( 19 hectar ).

But this is just a suggestion and PL is still NOT allowed to expand to the pink area.

I would have thought they are only going to expand in to the left hand pink area (currently woodland). The one on the right is currently a car park next to the Hotels, so if anything goes there, it would probably be a third hotel.

If both areas are for park that will literally double the size of the theme park which will be great. I was really disapointed with PL but i think the new water ride and this could turn it around for me

We have some rumours that Intamin build the Ride and it make sense.
I think the Park dont remove a "normal" Log Flume to build a new One.
I think we get some special Effekts, maybe a Freefall. It works on Rollercoasters, it have also to work on Log Flumes.

The New Area looks awesome and i trust in Phantasialand that they build a really Theming Monster.
And i really looking forward that Colorado Adventure get a Retheme on some Parts.

In the words of Mr Wardley: WOW!

It looks like not only have PL got plans for an amazing new themed area and attraction, but it also looks like they're going to start bridging the gaps between the themes. While it does work at the park, and there's nothing wrong with it, it does seem a bit odd how you walk around the corner from China and suddenly you're in a Western mining town :p

It looks as though they are going to set to work creating transitions between areas, and this would also fit with the suggested plans that the park is going to restructure itself, with 4 main themed areas all branching off of Berlin (Fantasy, Mystery, China, Deep in Afrika).

It seems as if the park plan to massively scale back the Western theme, which will hopefully mean they have some more space to expand the Mystery and Mexico areas.

On a side note I really do hope we don't loose Silber Mine. I was actually quite fond of it. Sure, it's dated, and some of the effects are a bit simple, but it's still a fun darkride! If they just sped it up a bit I'm sure it'd be much more popular. Hollywood, Geister, and Silber are all really good solid darkrides in my opinion, they just need bringing into 2012. No doubt they all set the parks back a fair bit in their day though. The sheer amount of animatronics is scary! :p

Just a question about that picture, what's the grey shaded area?

I've never been to Phantasialand, but it looks like a great park and it's just behind Europa on my list of European parks I need to visit.

:)

On the map?

Well if my perspective on the map is correct those are residential areas behind the Wuze/Fantasy areas. They are screened from the park by dense trees at the perimeter, but they in fact sit quite close to the park boundaries.

03c200cac3d34a2fa4dec32.png

So am I right in thinking that the pink area to the left is the land across the road from the park, next to the teepees and the random little shop/cafe/pub thing? If so I wonder if that building could be part of the reason the park may struggle to get the land? If the park were allowed to build there but not destroy that building it'd be surrounded by theme park!

Hopefully the park can at least get permission for the pink area on the right. Judging by the size they could create another themed area on the scale of Fantasy, as well as expand the Mystery area a bit (Which is currently a thin strip on the edge of the park with only River Quest and Mystery Castle in it)

The grey shaded area are the residential areas.

The more problematic area is the green area as there is a wood and lots of trees would have to be removed.

PHL fights now for more than 10 years for this necessary expansion.

I've just stumbled across this video, which helps show the Chiapas model from more angles. If this turns out anything like this model it'll be amazing! :eek:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq1buR9CcRU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

It looks like Colorado Adventure is due to receive some work during the change too, hopefully finally fixing that awful tin shed it goes through :p

Interestingly, Tikal now makes sense. On my visit I found it an odd name and idea, which didn't quite fit with Colorado. However, a bit of Googleing revealed Tikal to be a Mayan civilization of sorts, so they've effectively installed a ride which will fit the new area with no real changes.

I'm really looking forward to this now! According to other sites the model shows some tunnels passing through the new ride, so there should be some interaction for non-riders hopefully too! It really is a feast for the eyes! :D

Also, according to Wikipedia - though I'm not sure how credible this is - the Wild Wasser Bahns were removed as they no longer passed TUV standards due to their age. From the sounds of it the park maybe didn't have much choice without spending a fortune on two very dated attractions :(

Given that our boat stalled in the trough last year, I can well believe that! :p

Are Germany's famously easy-going H&S department becoming more strict...?

It would make sense for this ride to be from Intamin and have the first free-fall drop on a log flume, given they were rumoured to be getting an Intamin free-fall drop coaster in this space. I can't see how it would add to the experience of a flume though.

In contrary to Ian, I would be more than happy to see a wrecking ball sent straight through Silbermine and Hollywood Tour, they hold nothing of any value whatsoever. :p

Tuv were already one of the strictest ride standards authorities anywhere!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

German H&S operates on the little known principal of common sense. If you get hurt.... you're an idiot. :p

God, I'm so excited for this thing! I can't wait to see how it turns out :D

If all goes well this project is going to breath so much life back into Colorado Adventure and the surrounding areas. Fingers crossed it's all plain sailing from here :)