• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand 2014: Chiapas

Intamin just need to outsource their restraints to another coaster company. It isn't their strong point. Why not get Vekoma or Mack or someone else to do them? Other companies do this quite often (don't Mack supply airgates for other manufacturer's rides?)

What is it with Intamin and not being able to build water rides that aren't flawed? First Valhalla now this...

I swear to whichever deity will listen that if this isn't open when I go, I'll...be very angry.

I swear to whichever deity will listen that if this isn't open when I go, I'll...be very angry.
I would be! If I ever go (which I hope I do one day), Chiapas would be one of my main reasons to pay a visit.

Apparently the ride is currently only able to operate at around 1/2 capacity due to broken lap bars, and the number out of use is increasing every day.

Intamin have such a track record of completely messing rides up. Many parks, Busch Gardens Williamsburg for example, now simply refuse to use Intamin due to previous problems they have caused. Cedar Fair and Six Flags parks have not used Intamin of late either (may be a totally unrelated reason). In fact there are less and less Intamin coasters being built at major theme parks.

Phantasialand must really like them to be investing heavily in Taron, a massive Intamin project. I hope it works out for them!

:)

I was about to say that Towers could maybe replace Flume with a ride like Chiapas, but then read the apparent problems they've been having.

This is not good at all, especially for a ride that appears to have been very popular and successful to the park, sounds like Intamin definitely need to improve their restraint systems as they sound very problematic and am I right to say most theme park accidents in recent years have been on Intamin rides?

Compared to B&M, vekoma and even gerstlauer, there does seem to be fewer Intamins built year on year.

Alton Towers also discount Intamin due to the problems with 13 and to a lesser extent, Rita.

Apparently the restraints should all be fixed by the end of the week, the ride is now running around 60-70% throughput!
Hopefully the drainage issues should be fixed soon after, if not at the same time!

I do wonder how much of discount they've netted on Taron through these problems? :p