• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand 2014: Chiapas

Thanks @Ian for such an informative post - it looks like it'll be a nice little day out then! We've only planned to spend the one day at the park, so doubt we'll be getting bored (and it is our first time!)

I was getting a little worried about what they would have open, but it seems like there's no real worries. I'm not fussed about missing out on water rides when it's damn cold ha. Whilst I couldn't find a list of attractions that'll be open on their site, I did find that Chiapas is supposedly open for their winter event, as it's one of about four things that they're really plugging - so if this is truth, I might brave it with a poncho!

Thanks for all your insight guys :)

To go back to Phantasialand for the winter portion of their season would honestly be excellent and a part of me wishes we were doing that for this year's NY event instead of Disneyland Paris! Ah well, a Myyyyyystery Castle for a Tower of Terror isn't that bad a swap, I guess!

I have no real desire to return to Phantasialand in winter season.

The park is brilliant but when there are no guests in it it's genuinely tedious over more than a day because you cover the whole place in 4 hours.

That said, having read that Chiapas is likely to be open will really boost the appeal of the event. Their old log flumes were open a few years back when I visited in winter and Toverland (up the road) open their log flume, so it's perfectly possible.

I guess the smaller parks need to try and open as much as feasibly possible otherwise there's too few rides. Also, given the price of Phantasialand in winter is €39.50, only €1.50 less than Europa-Park charge in summer and €4.50 more than their winter price, then they really need to be pretty much 100% open - which will be the case as only RiverQuest and Wakobato (who cares) will be closed.

:)

What? Wait, hang on, 35 (can't find my Euro key :D) for EP during winter? :eek:

Can someone please again tell me why UK parks don't open properly. How do these parks do their maintenance?

What? Wait, hang on, 35 (can't find my Euro key :D) for EP during winter? :eek:

Can someone please again tell me why UK parks don't open properly. How do these parks do their maintenance?
Larger maintenance teams staggering the work so the rides that aren't open over winter get the work needed while the park is up and running. Simple as really.

Lest we also forget that Efteling opens all year around as well...

Might just move to Germany and close to the Dutch border...

Photo I took of the Matamba bar menu last month.

gVwvCTA.jpg

"Yes, I'd like one Transparent View please."

Just noticed that Phantasialand are closed on a number of days during the winter season - including 1st January...

That's a real shame. I remember going into the park on 1st January a few years back as we decided on Phantasialand for New Year - their New Year's Eve event is pretty good. But with no park on 1st January, it's not really going to be worth it in future.

co_oeffnungszeiten_winter_2014_2015.88925a6b2f9585b621b59d7367f9e5eb.png

:(

There is certainly a general obsession with fire in European theme parks at the moment. Europa-Park's Horror Nights Ice Show, DJ Bobo, Alton Towers Fireworks and now this!

Looks great, mind - if a little long.

Everyone knows there are two things that would make even the dullest show / ride awesome: fire and lasers. ;)

There is certainly a general obsession with fire in European theme parks at the moment. Europa-Park's Horror Nights Ice Show, DJ Bobo, Alton Towers Fireworks and now this!

You'r forgetting the new fireball at Legoland's pirate show too :p

New photos of Klugheim's progress were posted online by Rideonblog.

RideOnBlog_-_Phantasialand_-_11.01.2015_01.JPG

RideOnBlog_-_Phantasialand_-_11.01.2015_02.jpg

RideOnBlog_-_Phantasialand_-_11.01.2015_02a.JPG

Also Ling WOW Bao is has been getting a new coat of paint.

RideOnBlog_-_Phantasialand_-_11.01.2015_08.JPG

They've also used the theming in the Mexico area just by Chiapas for a projection mapping show named Tiempo De Fuego during the Winter period.

Last edited:
Looopings have reported the accidental destruction of Smokey's Digger Camp.

A violent storm has ruined the tipi village in Phantasialand. The Indians tents in the Smokey's Digger Camp are so badly damaged that its provisional booking is not possible.

The wigwams are next to the amusement park, opposite the main entrance to the theme area of Berlin. According Phantasialand should tarpaulins in several places and parts of structures to be replaced. A reopening of the property is probably the end of February made a decision.

We were so fond of that accommodation. Oh no. What a shame. [/sarcasm]

Some more bad news for Phantasialand and Intamin regarding Chiapas, posted by Looopings:
Looopings said:
The management of the German Phantasialand theme park is in its stomach with water orbit Chiapas. There is a lot more wrong with the popular attraction than originally thought. The steel safety bars in the boats appear spontaneously to open during a ride.

That happened several times in recent days, telling anonymous employees Looopings. The cause is unclear. Occasionally a passenger got even halfway. That caused perilous scenes, when a boy while sailing from its container and climbed up the side jump.

Staff who saw the incident on camera images happen, gobbling their heads off and started immediately to the emergency. That gave other visitors the opportunity to film how the boy was taken aback to wait for help. More than five minutes later, an employee arrived. A little later the park management on site to interview the boy.

The complications with the bracket system of Chiapas last for weeks, but had never been so serious. Until last weekend remained at capacity because many places in the boats because of broken brackets can not be used. The system was developed specifically for Phantasialand by manufacturer Intamin.

Chiapas is presented as "the most modern whitewater in the world ', with various special effects and a vertical drop of 53 degrees.

Intamin sure are good at desginign restraints that like to randomly pop open. The main drop on Chiapas is very steep so if a restraint was to just open here it could result in something very serious.

:)