• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

Oh! Erm, I assume there might be some theming? Would be a shame for a Vekoma Junior Boomerang to come along and ruin a beautiful looking project.

:)

I wonder if they're going to enclose the supports and make a tunnel into River Quest's lift?

I have a hard time believing they`re gonna let it be the way it is now. Come on...they can`t be THAT blind !

Maybe this is one of those situations where it is important to stay patient...and just watch how that area will develop...

I wouldn`t be surprised if they`re gonna enclose the whole track...not just those supports :)

It's been snowing in Klugheim:

12400758_1700426836847766_2618185014913360686_n.jpg

12522935_1700426856847764_5415208988331795627_n.jpg

12512619_1700426813514435_380062295425702816_n.jpg

12417617_1700426863514430_5087692106304567457_n.jpg

Images by Phantagraphy

RIP to the hilariously bad taste epilepsy warning. Anybody who's ridden it, you know what I mean.

As for 'BRACE for Atlantis' itself and it's hideous black breeze-block box queue line... Good riddance!!

Will be interesting to see what the future holds for the site, fingers crossed for a modern dark ride!

Phantasialand have updated their Magazine site with an article about Taron and how all its bits and pieces. Including the comment about the trains.
This also meant that they allowed us to share a completely new train - the "Phantasialand-train" - to develop.
http://magazin.phantasialand.de/taron-eine-massanfertigung/

They've also started to reveal the trains here: http://magazin.phantasialand.de/zeit-der-entdeckung/

1.jpg

It seems like this is going to run until the end of week when it's all revealed

Phantasialand has finally closed Race for Atlantis, according to Looopings. Geister Riksha, Hollywood Tour and Temple of the Nighthawk are also on the nomination list for future demolition.

REJOICE! :tearsofjoy:

Good riddance Brace for Atlantis, I did it once and it was horrible. I could see them doing a new dark ride themed to Wuz town or something. Not much else you can do to the site really as its surrounded by other rides.

I think Geister riksha will be harder to replace as most of it is below ground, so surely that's go to be another dark ride that is also similar.

So just read the article on the magazine website and it states that Taron will be able to run in temperatures as low as -10°C (they wanted guaranteed winter performance from Intamin). Know that I think it is fair to assume that this will carry a fair amount of speed!

There's some chatter about on the German forums that that whole area could be next for a "klugheim-ing", given that work has been ongoing on the old camp site. They seem to think the confertainment stuff that's currently behind Maus could be moved over to the old camp site, which opens up an area about the same size as Klugheim!

Next part of the Taron train reveal, showing what looks like the headrests:

thumb_2_1_0.jpg

Next part of the Taron train reveal, showing what looks like the headrests:

thumb_2_1_0.jpg

What is that image of? I see no headrest or part of a train. I've been looking at it for a while and I can't see anything other than rocky theming.

So it would appear that Taron's trains have claws... Like those of a large mythical bird, not to dissimilar to a Hippogriff seen in Harry Potter!

3.thumb.jpg.842110882627b508e9d5d6aaa208bfe5.jpg

(Image: Phantasialand)

I don't want to get my hopes up too much just yet, but I'm really not seeing OTSR's on this! :D

Reactions: Dar
Are Phantasialand usually good at responding to Emails? I emailed over a week ago regarding a number of things and nothing. :confused:

Well isn't this just the fantastic news that we've all been waiting for... Probably for about the last year! Brilliant news, you've got to love such freedom of movement on such a twisted coaster :D

In other news, forum member 'Purefun' over on Phantafriends.de reports today that there is indeed new steel work rising up up the bottom of 'River Quests' lift below the towers of Raik. He states that this could be for a harbor type area of 'Klugheim' if this is indeed true and not just my poor translations it will look lovely! Tobi is going to visualise this on his brilliant model later on this evening.

His post along with lots more fantastic discussion, pictures, models and diagrams can be seen over on the PhantaFriends Klugheim Discussion Topic