• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: General Discussion

A themed world that won't have lots of rockwork?? I don't believe it!

Well this will be a refreshing change in style but one i think Phantasialand will do wonderfully.

It'll be a fantastic area no doubt. Guessing it'll be a modern dark ride, they do lack one.

You have to wonder where they get the money from though. Chiapas, Klugheim and Taron as well as this must be costing them a fortune!

Gotta spend money to make money, and their reasonably well placed anyway...

Sure based upon some of their queues for Taron alone they made a fair whack back on it, especially with the hotel stays and their VERY expensive ticket prices...

Great to see RQ improvements. Looks fantastic.

I just hope the actual ride works given it has been shut for technical issues on my past two trips to Phantasialand.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"by day and night"...

Interesting...

Yes this caught my attention. Wonder what they mean by that.
I can think of 2 possibilities:
1. Some form of accommodation/a new hotel as part of the area.

2. A new Theatre for the park's very successful dinner show Fantissima. It runs after hours and is currently in the Hollywood/Nighthawk building. If Fantissima is relocated that means there is nothing stopping the complete demolition of Hollywood Tour and Temple of the Nighthawk.... perhaps they are going to be demolished in 2020...

Anyway I'm excited to see things develop over the next year. Wonder when we'll find out what sort of attractions are being built.

Reactions: Ian
So the park opened today for the summer season.
The new stall in Klugheim is called the Humpenbude and it sells cool beer from the keg and soft drinks.
River Quest's tunnel and lifts have received new audio. And in the tunnel are some water effects in the form of fountains alongside the side of the trough.
The new River Quest entrance is not yet in use, the internal work isn't finished yet.
Also it is believed that the sailing boat in the River Quest basin used to be Herr Loffelhardt's (the park's owner) private boat in Lake Konstanz in south Germany.

Phantasialand's final video in their Mission Off-Season is a look at the new River Quest. Some good shots and drone footage in the video.

I'm looking forward to seeing it for myself in a few weeks!!!

Phantafriends.de have also posted a photo of the new water effects.
17629674_1949985415288268_8835454448927034456_n.jpg

Last edited:
Dutch site Loopings are claiming that the main attraction in Rookburgh will be a Vekoma Flying Coaster.

http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/7351...aland-wordt-spectaculaire-flying-coaster.html

I'm not sure if I trust them, not a fan of Looopings as a site, but then they did break the River Quest refurb news first while Klugheim was under construction.
They could just be speculating that since we don't know what the Vekoma prototype Flying coaster thing being worked on at Vlodrop Vekoma HQ is.
Many people, if not the majority of the PhantaFriends forum, don't think this will be a coaster because they've just added two! And that was after a 10 years with no coasters because it isn't a coaster park.

Also early during these projects all sorts of rumours fly around - When they started Taron all the forums were sharing a rumour that it would have Skyrush trains and a drop track like Thirteen.

But then it could be possible because
- If is more of a dark ride than rollercoaster perhaps then I could see it. Similar to Arthur at Europa.
- Phantasialand worked a two ride deal with Intamin for Chiapas (2014) and then Taron (2016). Perhaps this was another deal with Vekoma for Raik (2016) and the new ride for 2018.
- The park's teaser for Rookburgh mentions the area is in use both day and night, if that does refer to the dinner show Fantissima moving that means most likely Hollywood Tour and Temple of the Nighthawk are next to be demolished perhaps the park are putting in a replacement indoor coaster to replace it.
- The Rookburgh teaser said it would be unique in the world. At Vlodrop they are testing some new unique concept.
- The Rookburgh concept art and the wall blocking the view from Wurmling Express both have Zeppelins on them - suggesting flight plays a role - Flying Coaster? Also in the concept art on one of the buildings it says 'Air rail' perhaps also a hint at a Flying Coaster....
^ But then Looopings does refer to the Zeppelins and Air Rail sign in their article so they could be speculating I like am!

Not sure what to think... Well only time will tell.

Last edited:
This great and all, I can't wait to see what's actually going in there, but if Nighthawk's building gets demolished as a result, I can't help but wonder what they'll do be doing with wuze ball

Can someone explain what Wuze Ball is? It seems rather elusive, I cannot find any info about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sam
Continuing the improvements for this season the park have been working on Wakobato. They are experimenting with a new disk mechanism. On a few converted frogstones you shoot at a plastic disc, which folds backwards against metal contacts which set off the fountain. According to people on the PhantaFriends forum the new system is a massive improvement as it means the targets actually now work (only took 9 years...).

So hopefully soon all the targets will be re-equipped.
Some of the theming items around the lake have been renewed as well.

Today is the 50th birthday of Phantasialand!

This interesting German video takes a look at the first ever park map in 1967.

Reactions: Ian