• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand: The irregularities and irritations of one of Europe's best parks

Also I should say thanks @CSLKenny for making me aware that the Black Mamba Adventure Trail exists! Saw your construction pics either on here or twitter.

It's so fun - such a great use of a tight space and offers great views of Mamba. Will make sure to always do it on future visits 🙌

Heading to Winjas/Crazy Bats first before the masses shift over from the major rides near the entrances is always the best tactic.

Crazy Bats is, in my humble opinion, hands down the worst ride I experienced at Phantasialand, I would only recommend riding it with a posted wait of 10 minutes or less, or alternatively if you enjoy pain.

Winjas, on the other hand, is great, and with the 4-person cars the capacity is rather low, so if you aren't headed to Taron or FLY that's a solid choice for the beginning of your day.

Crazy Bats sans VR is alright. Nothing to write home about. Geister Ricksha has to be the worst ride there.

Geister Rikscha is one and done same as Fengshu Palace. I find Crazy Bats a relaxing ride, but yes I would recommend Winjas as your first place to go.
One time I went to Black Mamba first and got a few rerides without queuing again, but that was during a quiet weekday.

Surely the deeply boring Feng Ju Palace preshow takes the biscuit? Don't even get to sit down for that one.

This and Geister Rickshaw are not as offensive to me because they are decades old, and have a little--strong emphasis on "little" here--retro charm because of it. Feng Ju Palace was indeed terrible, but the preshow was a nice view back into the aesthetic of the late 90s and early 2000s which was interesting enough, even if it looks pretty bad today. Would I ride it again? Almost certainly not, but I'm not mad that I did it once.

The VR for Crazy Bats is from 2018, which means it's relatively new, they just did a poor job of it all. I admit that as an adult I may not be the target audience, but it's one of the least enjoyable rides I've ever been on. If you need a long, seated break in that part of the park, before Crazy Bats I would suggest Wakobato, Wurmling Express, or simply a bench.

Staying at hotel Charles Lindbergh on April 19/20th and online check in is an absolute nightmare. If anyone can translate what this section is, I’d be eternally grateful.

I would assume that “document type” is passport, right? So why are none of the options available anything that I would recognise?! 🤣

IMG_2123.png

Staying at hotel Charles Lindbergh on April 19/20th and online check in is an absolute nightmare. If anyone can translate what this section is, I’d be eternally grateful.

I would assume that “document type” is passport, right? So why are none of the options available anything that I would recognise?! 🤣

IMG_2123.png
You want Passporto Ordinario to submit your passport but that is Italian, not German!! Never had to do online check-in a phantasialand so must be a new thing but it certainly is a curious language choice on their part!