• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Planet Coaster 2: Confirmed!

I trust frontier to deliver on the things that count with PC2. My only concern is that the release is actually ready at the time of launch. Without knowing anything about you game I already want to ask them to push the release back to next year.

Why? You know absolutely nothing about how this game is progressing interally. Not saying you are wrong, but I am curious as to why you think that. Compaines usually work on games internally for a long time before announcing. With PC2 being confirmed thanks to the leaks as being in development in some form or another since 2019, the announcement of PC2 makes the final thing in the leak, everything in that leak has now turned out true.

Much better to work on a game in secret for a long time then have a short announcement and release window, like they have done here. Do not confuse that with them only just starting to work on the game.

Last edited:
The first game was very buggy on console for quite a while (now it runs fine), despite the 4 year development time after the PC release. But this sounds like it's been developed cross-platform right from the start, over 5 years, and mostly based on an engine and game attributes they already have. So I can't see a reason why it won't be fine come the autumn. A few bugs on release are pretty common these days on new releases, and they're usually patched pretty quickly.

Deep Dive from Frontier just released. This game looks incredible, not only so much more refined than PlanCo (as you'd expect) but they've clearly listened to the players and introduced features many have requested

It does look great, still bugging me though that the drop slide capsule is too far forward like in the trailer (the door is at the front, away from the platform, you can see the handle in the trailer), and from distance it doesn't look they've improved the station setup for coasters (massive fail if that's the case).

It does look great, still bugging me though that the drop slide capsule is too far forward like in the trailer (the door is at the front, away from the platform, you can see the handle in the trailer), and from distance it doesn't look they've improved the station setup for coasters (massive fail if that's the case).
Don't forget this is all from the development version so lots of things can and will change!

The quality of life improves are going to make a huge difference. With drawable paths and scaleable scenery it'll cut hours of adjusting or scrolling through menus that took the fun out of the first game.

It also looks so much better as a game to just be able to drop in blueprints and have them immediately work and connect. It looks like we could finally have a game that like RCT is easy to create something, whilst also having the ability to make anything you can think of (in 3D).

Having just watched the accompanying live stream to the deep dive, I can’t believe they’ve basically started ground-up for PlanCo2.

While it looks familiar to us as players, it sounds like they’ve started from scratch at the back end to give the gameplay all these extra features.

The amazing new path tool is easily one of the top highlights so far.

The community is going to blow the minds of the devs with creativity. If Jonny Watts is sticking animated fish to coaster trains, we’re going to have a hoot!

I've just seen a new Easter egg that I really love. Coaster names have changed to reflect what us as enthusiasts actually call them. 'Intamin' Hyper coaster, 'B&M' Flying Coaster, ect. Except the manufacturers names have been changed to avoid directly tying them to real companies. Some of them made me chuckle;

Maurer Soehne > Murphy & Son
Intamin > Outamax (in to out, min to max)
B&M > V&N (Valis & Nidwalden)

and although unconfirmed yet as we havnt't seen the associated coaster type (but it looks to be a water coaster):
Mack Rides > Big M' Rides. Bet Roland will be loving that one.

I've just seen a new Easter egg that I really love. Coaster names have changed to reflect what us as enthusiasts actually call them. 'Intamin' Hyper coaster, 'B&M' Flying Coaster, ect. Except the manufacturers names have been changed to avoid directly tying them to real companies. Some of them made me chuckle;

Maurer Soehne > Murphy & Son
Intamin > Outamax (in to out, min to max)
B&M > V&N (Valis & Nidwalden)

and although unconfirmed yet as we havnt't seen the associated coaster type (but it looks to be a water coaster):
Mack Rides > Big M' Rides. Bet Roland will be loving that one.
Where did you see this, out of interest? It sounds like a nice little touch, but I don’t remember seeing it in the Deep Dive video.

It all looks very promising from the video, though!

I’ve seen screenshots of the path builder on Reddit but not sure where these additional images are coming from. Can anyone shed a light, as it wasn’t in the deep dive 1.

Also, small bug bearer, but the gravity/way that guests slide up and down on the water slides looks way off and unnatural. Hopefully they refine that!

I want to see more on the coaster building tools. At the start of the above video, I did notice an Intamin S curve that looked rather realistic and smooth, that's quite hard to do currently as the smoothing tool can ruin your profiling.

I’ve seen screenshots of the path builder on Reddit but not sure where these additional images are coming from. Can anyone shed a light, as it wasn’t in the deep dive 1.

Also, small bug bearer, but the gravity/way that guests slide up and down on the water slides looks way off and unnatural. Hopefully they refine that!
They were taken from the live stream Frontier did at 6pm yesterday, where this deep dive was also shown.

The whole stream is available here and the live building starts at 24:15: