• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Planet Coaster 2: Confirmed!

So Frontier have announced a few new details about Planet Coaster 2 at Gamescon, including:
  • Turntables and Elevator tracks for log flumes, in addition to the previously announced drop tracks for coasters
  • A vastly overhauled gameplay loop, with new features like weather
  • Coaster Building tool is similar to PC1 but is vastly more smoother and incorporates features from the smoothing mod from PC
  • UI overhauls, identical across systems with carousel selection options from the console version in PC1
  • Slides having their own runoff zones and not just into pools.
  • Stations function identically to PC1
  • Rumoured overhaul to the lighting system

So it looks like some of the big coaster features (ahem, switch tracks) are being held back for closer to release. I really like how they've extended the creative sandbox element of the game whilst simultaneously overhauling the park management side, meaning that the fundamental gameplay loop with be a lot more elaborate and fleshed out like mechanics in an RPG, whilst also becoming more realistic to actual park management, fantastic!

Last edited:
So Frontier have announced a few new details about Planet Coaster 2 at Gamescon, including:
  • Turntables and Elevator tracks for log flumes, in addition to the previously announced drop tracks for coasters
  • A vastly overhauled gameplay loop, with new features like weather
  • Coaster Building tool is similar to PC1 but is vastly more smoother and incorporates features from the smoothing mod from PC
  • UI overhauls, identical across systems with carosauel selection options from the console version in PC1
  • Slides having their own runoff zones and not just into pools.
  • Stations function identically to PC1
  • Rumoured overhaul to the lighting system

So it looks like some of the big coaster features (ahem, switch tracks) are being held back for closer to release. I really like how they've extended the creative sandbox element of the game whilst simultaneously overhauling the park management side, meaning that the fundamental gameplay loop with be a lot more elaborate and fleshed out like mechanics in an RPG, whilst also becoming more realistic to actual park management, fantastic!
The log flume turntable is laughable though, just a square pool with the turntable submerged. Looks ridiculous. Glad that slide run-outs are confirmed, though!
And a real shame that stations haven't been improved, they were the main gripe for most players in PC1.

Hopefully a lot of these things are still being worked on and improved. To have stations function identically to PlanCo 1 would be a huge oversight - I mean really, drop tracks and switches but not a simple offload platform?

Hopefully a lot of these things are still being worked on and improved. To have stations function identically to PlanCo 1 would be a huge oversight - I mean really, drop tracks and switches but not a simple offload platform?
It is a bit weird, RCT3 had the feature to add an off-load station with the entrance not having to be connected to the same station as the exit. This functionality already existed in the original Planet Coaster, but only for transit rides like trains and monorails. However, it does appear that Frontier have switched a lot of the options, such as clearance, to be turned off by default, so maybe they've applied this to stations?

I guess all we can lean from stations currently there will be no turntable stations, continuous loading stations and dual stations, which heavily suggests that ride operations akin to Ride Sims, will not be a feature in the game.

It is a bit weird, RCT3 had the feature to add an off-load station with the entrance not having to be connected to the same station as the exit. This functionality already existed in the original Planet Coaster, but only for transit rides like trains and monorails. However, it does appear that Frontier have switched a lot of the options, such as clearance, to be turned off by default, so maybe they've applied this to stations?

I guess all we can lean from stations currently there will be no turntable stations, continuous loading stations and dual stations, which heavily suggests that ride operations akin to Ride Sims, will not be a feature in the game.
if true that would be a big loss, especially for track rides - it's so Irritating seeing dark rides get 140+ minute queues and a 'monthly' throughput of around 150 max (for the 8 seater) and like 70 for 4 seaters when dispatches have to be spaced 16 seconds apart

+1 for the Log Flume turntable being utter crap from a visual point. Modders will need to get on that.

Stations are a bit weird. The way in which they are done I'd imagine has a big thing to do with it. Having the airgates integrated into them (something I'm sure was requested constantly prior to it coming in) probably means it's harder to differentiate codewise as you'd then have to incorporate far more options for the varying number of things people would want.

Sometimes you just can't win as a developer.

if true that would be a big loss, especially for track rides - it's so Irritating seeing dark rides get 140+ minute queues and a 'monthly' throughput of around 150 max (for the 8 seater) and like 70 for 4 seaters when dispatches have to be spaced 16 seconds apart
Yes, I’d kill for an omnimover/haunted house ride system

Agreed, and we know they're capable of conveyor stations as we already have the chair lift/cable car in PC1.

A station where passengers embark/disembark at the same time would go a long way. This is desperately needed to make things like the Monorail and Railroad useful as a means of transport. At the moment the dwell-times at stations are ridiculously long, queues overflow and throughput is really poor in general. Shouldn't that be a relatively simple fix?

Same goes for the flume too. The second guests get out of the boat the next bunch should jump in, rather than waiting until the exiting guests leave the actual station "exit."

The first picture looks exactly like a waterpark I've just done so i think it looks ok. The no railings can be filled in with scenery so no biggie. It could change before launch anyway as the game is not finished yet.

Could anyone share a photo of the logflume turntable.

+1 for the Log Flume turntable being utter crap from a visual point. Modders will need to get on that.
I'd like to hope that Frontier will fix this before launch, given that no one thinks it looks great. I wouldn't rule out that it was one of the last things added to that build, as supposedly the Log Flume also has a lift section that isn't currently included. Water Coast turntable however looks great. It would be good if you can set the exact angle it leaves at, but based on the log flume I expect it's locked to 90/180.
Realism: -1000

1724436833718.png
I get what you are saying from a realisem perspective. But I have to admit I think the back entry design visually looks cooler, even if it's not practical. Having the slide hang over the edge rather than sit in the middle is quite an appealing look.

And that scenery brush tool...
In Love Hearts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants