• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Planet Coaster: new Frontier game

Jordan

TS Contributor
From Eurogamer:

Roller Coaster and Elite: Dangerous developer Frontier Developments has announced Planet Coaster Tycoon: Simulation Evolved.

It will be available for PC in 2016.

It looks a little like Roller Coaster Tycoon, only with the ability to shape even more of the landscape.

“Tycoon games and coaster park simulations in particular are as much part of Frontier's DNA as space games,” said Frontier chief creative officer Jonny Watts. “Planet Coaster brings our sky-high production values and cutting-edge tech to bear on the Tycoon genre we so love, and we are looking forward to engaging with another passionate community of players as we develop Planet Coaster.”

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-tycoon-simulation-evolved-announced-for-2016

Looks like it could be a slightly-more-serious portrayal of RCT3. :)

I'm hoping that the coaster types are different in this game - not like Steel/Carbon/etc in RCT4. :/

I have more faith in Frontier to do a decent job on this than I do in Atari with RCTW, we don't even know who's developing that anymore.

I'm really excited about this, I just hope they allow for custom content.

This looks more like it. Hell, I'd play the heck out of a HD remake of RCT2. RCT3 was great but it was way to cartoonish. The new Atari game looks absolutely crud. I have a lot of faith in frontier to put things right. They now know what the fans want and they can do it, even if it's a slightly more polished version of RCT3 with Sim style characters.

This looks pretty good.

Although the one thing that will make or break all these upcoming theme park simulation games is custom content support.

I'm quite a fan of the similar building construction system to The Sims, something I thought RCT would always benefit from.

No mistake, the original title was Coaster Park Tycoon. Due to it sounding way too similar to Roller Coaster Tycoon they edited park to planet and the order was switched. Eventually they decided just to drop the Tycoon completely.

Last edited:
I've got the Alpha version of this, whilst some features are slightly frustrating, (such as paths) the game is far more advanced and more enjoyable the RCTW. I'm sure when this game is released it will be the best sim on the market.

If you have a spare hour, the latest livestream is definitely worth a watch. The attention to detail is amazing.

The next major release is coming this Tuesday, which includes the full coaster builder amongst other things.

Reactions: Tim
Don't forget the terrain editor which is mindblowingly powerful!

WimJC4z.jpg